Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make a crossbar pad for my 88 with the script "fourtrax" that is on the seat. I was just going to buy another cover , but the graphic is too long to fit. Does anyone out there have a eps, or a jpeg of that 88 seat graphic. I like my bike stock. But I don't have stock bars, I think if honda had crossbar, they would have had a matching seat and crossbar graphic.
Any help would be appreciated.
Longlivethefourtrax250r

Attachments

·
Registered
613 Posts
I dont have one, but I imagine you could import that picture (or a picture from a digital camera) into a photo editor and edit it (remove the back ground, rotate it, clean up imperfections). GIMP is free software. Basically a Photoshop clone and there is a lot of online support for it.

If you have the seat cover you could probably take it to a sign shop (or similar) and have them scan it on a large format scanner.

Good luck on your cross bar

Best regards
-Jason

·
Registered
84 Posts
Cool idea... It's fun playing with what they could have or should have looked like in stock form. I have almost all body parts needed to make my 86 look like any of the years. Just need an 88 seat & 89 hood to complete the body sets.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont have one, but I imagine you could import that picture (or a picture from a digital camera) into a photo editor and edit it (remove the back ground, rotate it, clean up imperfections). GIMP is free software. Basically a Photoshop clone and there is a lot of online support for it.

If you have the seat cover you could probably take it to a sign shop (or similar) and have them scan it on a large format scanner.

Good luck on your cross bar

Best regards
-Jason
That's what I was hoping, but my graphics guy was fetching about it. 😥 I wil update my findings.
Stay tuned
Cool idea... It's fun playing with what they could have or should have looked like in stock form. I have almost all body parts needed to make my 86 look like any of the years. Just need an 88 seat & 89 hood to complete the body sets.

If you have an extra 88 hood let me know. I like to keep my bike as stock as possible. But the stock bars were in bad shape.
Check out my you tube channel

Ronald Tartaglia

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just have the one hood & want to keep it just in case. I haven't run the 88 oem plastic on my 86's but put it on once in awhile just to look at it.lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just have the one hood & want to keep it just in case. I haven't run the 88 oem plastic on my 86's but put it on once in awhile just to look at it.lol
Crap.... I'll trade you some toilet paper for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts