Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for my first time ever I bought a new set of rims. My whole life I always just put same size tire back on the stock rim. Well some how I messed it up and I am having a hard time seeing how. I got a set of rears size 10-9 and then ordered a set of tires 20x10-9 and took them to a tire place to mount them and they told me the rim was a 10 and the tire was a 9 this dosnt make any sence to me. Am I missing something? And to make matters worse the tire they tried mounting they gashed the tire in the head area in 2 places and dented my brand we wheel. I am going back tomorrow as I did not notice the tire and rim untill I got home because I had a set of fronts done while I was there and was kind of pre occupied to look then. Needless to say I am very agrivated, got this bike about a month ago and havnt even ridden it yet. Just trying to get it set the way I want it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well there is my issue I was not aware the numbers would reverse going from rim to tire size. I figure if a tire was 20x10-9 that hight 20 width 10 and rim 9 and for the wheel 10 being the width and 9 being rim dia. Thought they would be the same numbers minus the tire hight

·
Super Moderator
4,273 Posts
Kinda just a guess, but who ever the tire mounter was, simply put the rim on the machine, threw the tire up on & went to pulling, not even looked at the tire size. So, now you have two things out of the four damaged & cant send them back to get the right sizes. You would be real real lucky if that place covers their mistake & they were the ones did it.
This is simular, like when you go to get a 2 stroke cylinder bored at an automotive shop, they dont have a clue other than clamping it under the bore table & go to punching out that hole, but its way more to it than that.
Neil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts