Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My frame has been re-painted with what appears to be a metallic blue, but seems that underneath is non-metallic but similar in tint/hue/value . No metallic blue frames in 1986 correct? Any reference sites available for Honda, to confirm colors?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I don't think they were blue. But I have a grey 86 frame but not sure if it's a stock one because no vin

·
Super Moderator
2,410 Posts
I am pretty sure 86' frames are all red.. Mine is and I don't recall ever seeing any other color I could be incorrect.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kind of what I was thinking with regard to red. Someone previously took the time to sandblast this frame before painting the 1st non-metallic blue, as there's no signs of red anywhere.

·
Super Moderator
2,410 Posts
All TRX250R frames were red in every year. Honda never did any other color.
There you have it, its what I thought but wasn't 100% sure... Just the plastics/seat colors combinations are what changed and or options you had...

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Yup all 250R frames where red.. 86-87 A-arms/swing arm/ rims where gold. 88-89 A-arms/swing arm/rims where silver.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I used Dupont candy apple red I believe. Just painted my cousins, cant remember the color off memory.
You going red or blue ? or undecided. My cousins came out awesome, I can get the color of the red tonight if you need it.
If your going blue, there is a nice Ford blue, I can look it up if need be.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well buddy and I have decided this is not a keeper, so I'm just going to get a color book from my body shop owner/friend, match it up as best possible, and do the little bit a detail work needed to bring it back into check. From my painting background/history, this dark blue looks very similar to what they painted some of the Honda Civics in 98-2001, but it has a matte finish clear...no gloss.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have the grey frame no vin. Its one owner, dont knkw what year it is. Still haven't figured it out. Its def not been painted.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I also have the grey frame no vin. Its one owner, dont knkw what year it is. Still haven't figured it out. Its def not been painted.
It's possible you could have an R with an oem replacement frame. These were available back in the day & they came without a vin tag with the assumption the owner would cut it off the bad frame & weld it to the new replacement frame. I don't know if they were available in other colors but I have seen head stays new in the bag that were black so not every frame part was painted red from the factory.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts