Honda TRX250R Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
You don't know what you are talking about, go back and re-read what I wrote. No one correct me, the information posted is an assumption only, not based on what really happened. I merely posted the real facts, and not based on any assumptions.

Carlos
how about the entire 400ex clutch plates by the norm and him saying not trying to argue with you and trying to be nice but no no he was telling you that you were wrong and you werent having it and so you argued back and that is why we are still talking about how all you do is argue.

·
Registered
285 Posts
right. wrong is wrong. norms wrong.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wrong about not being able to run OEM CR125 plates in OEM 250R basket. I run 1992 CR125 alloy plates 89 250R fibers 89 250R springs and Hinson billet outer inner baskets and Hinson pressure plate

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wrong about not being able to run OEM CR125 plates in OEM 250R basket. I run 1992 CR125 alloy plates 89 250R fibers 89 250R springs and Hinson billet outer inner baskets and Hinson pressure plate
yeah im going to be running a cr125 outer basket and a trx250r inner basket and thats what LED has recommended and was planning on doing until he saw my inner clutch basket that was junk but he said it was a big uprade.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was reading and I was wondering if you guys had some insight. It was about using two cr125 steels and putting the rest of the steels from the 250r.again I do not know I read this and was curious of why. It was explaining about the honda 250r steels are .10 and cr steel .20.do people use this to make a tighter pull on the clutch? Thanks in advance for your insights.
I did Neil's mod last summer at the same time as doing the '89 clutch pressure plate/rod & needle bearing swap when I first bought my cousins relatively stock 250R. I also lubed the oem 1988 cable with a motion pro cable luber kit thingamajig which probably had never been done ever. When the quad was purchased I had to use my entire left hand to engage the clutch and it was absolutely exhausting after about 20 minutes of riding. With everything stated that I did, it now takes only two fingers (maybe even one if I had to force myself) to pull the clutch and I could shift all day long and not get tired. Some people said Neil's mod with the 500 springs actually makes it stiffer, but definitely not for me in my situation. Clutch pull is like butter.

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
You can not run CR125R Fibers (12 Tabs) in a TRX/ATC250R Basket (10 Tab Slots), you can run CR125R Steels. You can if you use the Hinson Billet set-up as stated.

yeah im going to be running a cr125 outer basket and a trx250r inner basket and thats what LED has recommended and was planning on doing until he saw my inner clutch basket that was junk but he said it was a big uprade.
It is NOT a "CR125 Outer Basket"...it is a 'WORKS" Hinson Basket made by Hinson to use CR125R Fibers & TRX250R Steels with an OEM TRX250R Center Hub & Pressure Plate. Hinson also makes a Full 100% Billet version as I described in an earlier post in 7 & 8 plate design.

Carlos

·
Registered
157 Posts
You can not run CR125R Fibers (12 Tabs) in a TRX/ATC250R Basket (10 Tab Slots), you can run CR125R Steels. You can if you use the Hinson Billet set-up as stated.

It is NOT a "CR125 Outer Basket"...it is a 'WORKS" Hinson Basket made by Hinson to use CR125R Fibers & TRX250R Steels with an OEM TRX250R Center Hub & Pressure Plate. Hinson also makes a Full 100% Billet version as I described in an earlier post in 7 & 8 plate design.

Carlos
I guess nobody cares.......

·
Registered
285 Posts
what you say.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts

Carlos
i am going to be using a hinson clutch basket inner basket and pressure plate, it is going to be all hinson stuff made for cr125

·
Registered
34 Posts
21 - 30 of 30 Posts