Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello new to the forum! Ive got an 87 and it seems like my clutch is not disengaing. I can go to put it in 1st from N and it lunges forward and dies. Ive recently replaced the old oil with T4, replaced the cable with an OEM one plus lever/perch. Ive never had the clutch cover off since ive owned it. I should also note that i can actually move my actuator arm back and forth with my fingers? What should i look for when i pull my cover off?

·
Registered
140 Posts
You shouldn't be able to move the clutch arm much at all before hitting the clutch spring pressure. Once you pull the cover remove the clutch springs and pressure plate and you'll see the top hat looking piece and that should have 3 little ball bearings in it if it's original 87 parts. The rod end is probably worn down and just that little bit of wear will cause the issue or the other end of the rod that rides on the actuator arm is worn or the arm itself is notched from wear. You can buy an 89 upgrade kit that replaces the rod, top hat, pressure plate and washers and that should get your clutch spaced correctly if that's the problem. You also could have worn clutch plates that shortens the stack width and that could cause the problem too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts