Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed it was wet under the cylinder on the right side after I replaced my w/pump and crank seals and I think it's the cover gasket leaking. I used a new oem gasket with no sealant and cleaned both surfaces before putting the cover back on. I attached a pic and I found just a little tiny bit of what I think is trans fluid just under the jug in those little pockets and right along the cover gasket edge on the cylinder side not on the cover side. I think it's motor oil since it doesn't smell and it looks clean since I just added new oil. I checked my base nuts and they're torqued to spec and it runs great so I don't think it's the base gasket since that area is bone dry and so is the back of the rad hose. Maybe if it didn't wheelie so easily the oil wouldn't slosh up and leak lol. Now that I'm typing this I think I remember seeing a little gouge in the cover surface but don't remember where it was. I didn't think much of it since it was small and the gasket would seal it but maybe not.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts