Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a great tip. I've been riding my bikes for years and i religiously do this every time i ride. I work way to much to find time to be hand washing and nitpicking probeing and prodeing. I ride every weekend usually saturday's up at 6 am to work on the bikes oil/repair/mix fuel/maintence . . . .then we ride all day get home by 9 pm. After i ride i pressure was the bike at the local self serve car wash. A quick ride home helps blow dry the bikes. I have a garden pump sprayer i keep a supply of WD 40 in it. Purchased by the gallon. I spray front to back side to side under through and around the entire frame, pegs, motor, radiator, shocks, carburator, swingarm, bushings, axle, inner and outer wheel hubs, callipers, chain, sprockets, grab bars, fender stays any and all metal.. It only takes minuetes with the garder pump sprayer. I have use WD in the spray can and after a full day or riding your finger dosen't like it. I usually have 2 bikes to do as i ride with my son who is 17. Then i use tire black in the spray can on all plastics, top as well as under fenders, seat, hand grips. gonna upgrade to a pump sprayer for the tire black as well. Push my bikes in the shop and lock them up. Come back the next day and they look fresh. Many other riders comment on how clean my bikes are and they look like they are low hour machines. The WD keeps all metal from rusting keeps polished parts from oxidizing and after the next ride the dirt just slides off when you pressure wash again.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks deuce. Still trying to navigate the site never mind putting up pictures ! ! ! YIKES

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for 2 bikes it dont take much it does work well. a gallon of WD is $ 17 that will last months a can of tire black is $ 3-$ 4. that will last weeks. the pay off is all your stuff is always lookin new. just jump on the band wagon and have a go at it.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
before you ride you can just spray the wd40 on the areas that get muddy and it will fly off with a touch of water after the moto. old school trick for mud races

·
Registered
23 Posts
yea i spray the pretty much my whole quad down minus the seat and palastics before i ride with wd40 and with a preasure washer it all come off pretty well

·
Registered
610 Posts
I use the ZEP clear plastic spray bottle from Depot w/ the WD-40... It is adjustable and sprays a wide fan and a lot of WD...I use it on everything... never thought of the garden sprayer though... good thinking!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i've been useing it for some time. the only thing is i don't buy the spray cans anymore so when i need it for some thing small the garden pump sprayer is bulky. Even though i use a small canister its still large compaired to a spray can.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just spray. now i do this in a dirt drive way and my shop has a wood floor so if you don't mind a little drip from the WD other wise put down a peice of card board to catch the driip. not my engine has cooled down by this time. and when you start it for your next run it will smoke just like new HA HA.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
A guy I race with just uses the spray tire foam stuff on the entire quad and it comes out the same way...looks amazing! Quick pressure wash after each race then a quick spray with the tire foam and he is done! I like the WD40 idea better as it works as a cleaner, protector and lubricant. Looks like I'll be getting a gallon of the WD and a garden sprayer!! Thanks againf or the excellent tip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts