Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
4,308 Posts
yes and no.there are oem ha2 and hb9.they will both work,and suposadly there is alittle timming difference but I have never noticed the difference.the cheep fake aftermarket cdi's suck.even if it has ha2 or hb9 on them they are still junk.fine an oem one...now with that being said I have had 2 out of 10 work ok.just not worth the risk.

· Premium Member
13,288 Posts
ebay.
Its saying new its a hb9 it also said with warranty 149 bucks.
So i guess its nos ?
P.S dont buy it I need it. lol:mad:
BDT stocks the same SHINDENGEN OEM CDI for the 250R. It is listed on eBay under 250RTRIKES: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-TRX-250R-TRX250R-OEM-CDI-IGNITION-MODULE-86-87-88-89-NEW-ENGINE-BDT-/271918357441?hash=item3f4f98dbc1&vxp=mtr

Or at Bad Dog Toys Motorsports:
http://bdtmotorsports.com/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=CDI&category_id=0&product_id=1707

FYI:
SHINDENGEN is the original CDI manufacture for the Honda ATC250R & TRX250R, they are still a major electronic & CDI manufacture for Honda as well as other manufactures. You can't go wrong with a New
SHINDENGEN CDI, it is the same identical CDI Honda sold in every respect; not an imitation.

No matter who you purchase your new
SHINDENGEN Honda CDI from, it is a great product. Do keep away from using all aftermarket CDI's...

Carlos

· Registered
611 Posts
Oh ok... I'm looking for another NOS one in box...from everyone I've spoken to they're discontinued... I got one from a member but wouldn't mind another for the shelf!!

· Registered
4,308 Posts
I have seen a lot of people paying good money for the fake cdi's.it kills me because I wouldn't use one for a door stop.i will only use oem,or the ones carlos sells.i have used one from bdt and it proformed the same as oem..with that being said I have some of the fake ones with hb9 on them.brand new it would start and idle but that was is it wouldn't run.put one of my spare oem ones in it and BAM runs like it should.

· Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have seen a lot of people paying good money for the fake cdi's.it kills me because I wouldn't use one for a door stop.i will only use oem,or the ones carlos sells.i have used one from bdt and it proformed the same as oem..with that being said I have some of the fake ones with hb9 on them.brand new it would start and idle but that was is it wouldn't run.put one of my spare oem ones in it and BAM runs like it should.
Its not funny that people are spending there money on a product that duznt work.

· Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think people buy the new after market ones because they dont want to take a chance on a cdi used thats 27 years old
that you cant test when its not in front of ya.
Look at the world today with electricity and computers.
And not one after market co. can make them work ?????

· Registered
121 Posts
I think people buy the new after market ones because they dont want to take a chance on a cdi used thats 27 years old
that you cant test when its not in front of ya.
Look at the world today with electricity and computers.
And not one after market co. can make them work ?????
Ya,look at the world of fancy electronics,my cell phones (smart phones) they cost so much damn money and they still freeze up,drop calls like crazy,and the battery is always dead.My oldshool flip phones,never dropped a call and battery lasted for days.All electronics now of days just suck!They don't make stuff last like they use too.

· Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ya,look at the world of fancy electronics,my cell phones (smart phones) they cost so much damn money and they still freeze up,drop calls like crazy,and the battery is always dead.My oldshool flip phones,never dropped a call and battery lasted for days.All electronics now of days just suck!They don't make stuff last like they use too.
Yea I agree.
Like doctors if they fix a illness theres no more money in it for them lol.

· Registered
2 Posts
I think people buy the new after market ones because they dont want to take a chance on a cdi used thats 27 years old that you cant test when its not in front of ya. Look at the world today with electricity and computers. And not one after market co. can make them work ?????
I've got a stack of oem cdi I've gotten if ebay. Paid good money all bad,all came from running bikes, still fires too early causing kick back. No difference thinking carb .as close to oem. Bore carb harness all electronics?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts