Honda TRX250R Forums banner

CDI box. Oem

13K views 71 replies 17 participants last post by  atvguy 
#1 ·
I’m looking for an OEM CDI, does anyone have on for sale, or can you point me in a good direction to find one? Thanks

#5 ·
200 units (86-87 & 88-89 CDI's) made in Japan finally Left the Japanese factory and on the way to US-LAX Customs. Not sure how long since Covid-19 has slowed everything down, however; I would say 6-8 weeks max.

They will retail for $175-$200, Exclusively available through BDT Motorsports....if folks can wait 6-8 weeks, this is the Best option for OEM CDI's.

Carlos

#7 ·
200 units (86-87 & 88-89 CDI's) made in Japan finally Left the Japanese factory and on the way to US-LAX Customs. Not sure how long since Covid-19 has slowed everything down, however; I would say 6-8 weeks max.

They will retail for $175-$200, Exclusively available through BDT Motorsports....if folks can wait 6-8 weeks, this is the Best option for OEM CDI's.

Carlos

Are these cdi available yet?

#16 ·
86-89 all have the same plug. 89 I believe has the most desirable timing curv(don't really remember) ,but if you don't have a working cdi and need one I don't know if you would care which year as long as you had a working cdi?
Loren

Reactions: Idontrunstock88
#26 ·
So until the "new" oem style cdi's are proven they aren't going to be on my radar at all. The few people I know that have hpi ignitions did not have kickback problems unless they were trying to kick the engine over in between strokes. In other words they were not at tdc. Even with my magical cr ignition (talk about no bottom end) I can get kick back if I am not at tdc. My kids stock ignition R's can kick back with real oem cdi's.
So the perceived kick back from the hpi comes from people who do not kick their R's over correctly.
Until these "like oem" cdi's are tested by someone I trust I will continue to believe that they are just another aftermarket cdi. Unfortunately for someone in need of a oem cdi $150-$200 is what they are going for. The reason is they work! Have worked for over 30 years!
Loren

#30 ·
Are those Honda part numbers?im confused so Honda Oem cdi is still available?
Available exclusively from BDT Motorsports....NEW OEM Honda CDI version for 86-87 and 88-89. BDT has a waiting list for these units, you will receive what you ordered once the shipment comes into BDT. Those not on the list, that want to purchase need to get on the list as these for the most part are spoken for.

These are in route to BDT, this is the 3rd order BDT has had made from Japan in the past 3-4 years. Made by Shindengen in Japan, same exact manufacture that made the Honda OEM CDI's. Anyone stating until the new "oem style cdi's are proven", doesn't know what he is talking about since it is the same OEM part proven over 33 years, made by the same manufacture, Shindengen, one of the largest CDI suppliers in the world.

This is a huge deal for the 250R community, and BDT. It is also a significant investment in time and $$$'s. If you don't appreciate the availability of NEW OEM equivalent CDI's; move on....!

Carlos

#45 ·
Ahh I get it. Legitimate questions are not excepted here. I figured that a guy could do a little research on an advertised product and ask questions before buying. Unfortunately it looks like only Carlos and his nutswingers are the only people allowed to ask questions or offer advice.
Loren