Honda TRX250R Forums banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts
Does Honda have any affiliation with these supposed "OEM" CDI's? If not how can they be marketed as OEM!
Yes & no, BDT had to secure the rights & permission from Honda to approach Shindengen (Honda OEM CDI manufacture) to get these made. Permission was given, so to an extent since these are the same, made in the same factory & tooling.... Yes an OEM 100% copy.

PS: you're trying to hard; embarrassing yourself :)

Carlos

Does Honda have any affiliation with these supposed "OEM" CDI's? If not how can they be marketed as OEM!
The explanation on how/where/when has been given more then once, and I’m pretty sure you know the answer. If you don’t have any skin in the game or personal experience regarding these CDI’s you could choose to refrain from commenting.

or not.

Ahh I get it. Legitimate questions are not excepted here. I figured that a guy could do a little research on an advertised product and ask questions before buying. Unfortunately it looks like only Carlos and his nutswingers are the only people allowed to ask questions or offer advice.
Loren

Ahh I get it. Legitimate questions are not excepted here. I figured that a guy could do a little research on an advertised product and ask questions before buying. Unfortunately it looks like only Carlos and his nutswingers are the only people allowed to ask questions or offer advice.
Loren
Legitimate questions from legitimately interested buyers who legitimately don’t already know the answer are encouraged.

Your question did not qualify, rather it was a passive aggressive way to try and suggest untrustworthiness on the part of BDT, which one would have to assume is your life’s mission, based on the majority of your posts, and certainly your far greater intended objective then asking innocent questions helping other members on the board.

Perhaps you need to see a mental health professional for your obsession with Carlos and BDT.

However, I suspect Carlos appreciates all the negative posts because it give him an opportunity to sell his goods and articulate his expertise every time you pop up with some foolish passive aggressive attempt to discredit him. So please keep up the good work.

Thanks,

Your friendly neighborhood nutswinger.

I thank you for the free psychological diagnosis. Honestly I am looking for a cdi and if bdt had a genuine oem cdi I would explore that option if in fact it truly was the only option. I however will not believe in this "oem" like product until I physically see one in operation.
I would also like to thank you for finally stating that you are indeed a nutswinger. After the few conversations that you and I had I was unsure, but now that you have pronounced it to the world......
Good luck
Loren

I thank you for the free psychological diagnosis. Honestly I am looking for a cdi and if bdt had a genuine oem cdi I would explore that option if in fact it truly was the only option. I however will not believe in this "oem" like product until I physically see one in operation.
I would also like to thank you for finally stating that you are indeed a nutswinger. After the few conversations that you and I had I was unsure, but now that you have pronounced it to the world......
Good luck
Loren
LOL,
Nice try at legitimacy. You wouldn’t buy a CDI or any part from BDT, if was the last one on earth. You would burn your bike in the back yard before buying from BDT. It’s obvious to anyone who spends five minutes on this forum so do better then the “I’m a interested buyer just like everyone else” charade. It’s comical.

Keep up the good work, BDT can use the advertising.

LOL,
Nice try at legitimacy. You wouldn’t buy a CDI or any part from BDT, if was the last one on earth. You would burn your bike in the back yard before buying from BDT. It’s obvious to anyone who spends five minutes on this forum so do better then the “I’m a interested buyer just like everyone else” charade. It’s comical.

Keep up the good work, BDT can use the advertising.
Yeah they could. Out of 30 trx250r's at the trx250r.org meet at the Winchester dunes there wasn't a single bdt engine in the bunch. Hybrid Engineering, Led, and a local guy pretty much built every engine in attendance lol.

Reactions: SandSlinger
Good luck
Loren
you asked the same question before so why keep bringing it up.as for lets see these cdis.i bought 3 of them a few years ago.worked flawless just as the should due to being made at the same factory as all oem ones were.

First off; I wouldn't sell a flea infected Dog to Norm for free, let alone ANY BDT parts.

As far as what/who shows up at events, as well as the outcome, let’s look at the FACTS. Taking the Two major 2 stroke National events, plus 2-3 SoCal & AZ venues and the outcome-results:

Ashtabula PineLake 50th Anniversary 2019 TT Nationals, 2 stroke classes (as well as 4 stroke) Trike & Quad Racing:

ZERO of the builders you mentioned finished in any podium position in any class...Your Boy had ZERO entries....yes; ZERO, LOL

BDT had multiple entries and podium positions in almost all classes, Finishing in the top 3 in various events, WINNING the 250 class. Multiple Hole-Shots.

Florida State Trike MX Nationals 2020 Trike Racing:

ZERO of the builders you mentioned finished in any podium position in any class, let alone in the top ten. Your Boy had ZERO entries, yes again; ZERO....!

BDT Won the 250 class, customers running BDT engines & pipes had multiple Hole-Shots...actually 5-6 if I recall correctly.

SoCal, Arizona Desert WORKS series 2019:

ZERO of the builders you mentioned finished in any podium position in any class. Your Boy had ZERO entries, another big ZERO.

BDT customer & racer David Ham not only Won multiple Trike classes in 3 different series in 2019….Dave WON every single event on his BDT Trike including 3 hour long desert races.

Point; does it really matter who shows up to your stated event…? NO.

BDT is supporting, sponsoring and winning 2 stroke Trike & Quad events across the US…the builders you mentioned can keep gathering their customers to stroke their egos off the track once a year in the Oregon Dunes.

PS: let's talk about supporting the 250R community....NONE of the builders you mentioned supported ANY of the Top 2 stroke Racing events Held, and none are supporting it in 2020 and as far as I know they are not in 2021...It would be nice if it was otherwise, however; it is not.

BDT fully supported Ashtabula, Bud Fisher, and FL Nationals in 2019 & 2020, as well as previous years. In 2021 BDT Motorsports is the Title Sponsor for the FL Trike Nationals to held March 6-7-8 with the Largest CASH purse ever....BDT gives back to the 250R community more than all the other builders mentioned combined, and will again in 2021.

Carlos

Well there you go. Sounds like this thread has gone sideways. Hope these new cdi come in soon. Funny thing is I gave an extra one to a guy I sold the last trx250r I had. I asked him couple of weeks later I could buy it back from him. He tells me he is using both cdi's on one quad. BS

all the bs talk. $5000 cash payout. bring it. bdt#1

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As an FYI;

The current CASH payout is at over $4000 if I recall correctly. I do believe it will easily go over $5000, and more than likely at or over $6000 CASH.

Just like the last few years, Multiple Trike MX classes, plus the 2 Man MX Team Race will run over two days of full on Racing. Expected Number of Race entries is 150-200, based on previous years.

This event has evolved into the Premier Trike MX Race in the Nation....no talk, no bs, get on the track and show what you got.

Carlos

41 - 60 of 72 Posts