$200 used cdi? get new 4 $200.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who sells new Honda OEM CDI'S for $200?
I would rather buy a HPI ignition for $350!

hpi has kick back. no bottom powr.

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

Really, so like almost all aftermarket CDI boxes.
I honestly run nothing but OE ignition parts if possible. Always have, but we may need a alternative at some point. Unless someone comes threw with some sweet sweet OEM CDI boxes!🤔😉

So until the "new" oem style cdi's are proven they aren't going to be on my radar at all. The few people I know that have hpi ignitions did not have kickback problems unless they were trying to kick the engine over in between strokes. In other words they were not at tdc. Even with my magical cr ignition (talk about no bottom end) I can get kick back if I am not at tdc. My kids stock ignition R's can kick back with real oem cdi's.
So the perceived kick back from the hpi comes from people who do not kick their R's over correctly.
Until these "like oem" cdi's are tested by someone I trust I will continue to believe that they are just another aftermarket cdi. Unfortunately for someone in need of a oem cdi $150-$200 is what they are going for. The reason is they work! Have worked for over 30 years!
Loren

bs comment. bdt oem cdi been out 4 years. i n others run them. 100% like oem. pay 4 used. or buy new. easy pick. buy new. mi new bdt oem cdi.

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

bs comment. bdt oem cdi been out 4 years. i n others run them. 100% like oem. pay 4 used. or buy new. easy pick. buy new. mi new bdt oem cdi.

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

Are those Honda part numbers?im confused so Honda Oem cdi is still available?
Available exclusively from BDT Motorsports....NEW OEM Honda CDI version for 86-87 and 88-89. BDT has a waiting list for these units, you will receive what you ordered once the shipment comes into BDT. Those not on the list, that want to purchase need to get on the list as these for the most part are spoken for.

These are in route to BDT, this is the 3rd order BDT has had made from Japan in the past 3-4 years. Made by Shindengen in Japan, same exact manufacture that made the Honda OEM CDI's. Anyone stating until the new "oem style cdi's are proven", doesn't know what he is talking about since it is the same OEM part proven over 33 years, made by the same manufacture, Shindengen, one of the largest CDI suppliers in the world.

This is a huge deal for the 250R community, and BDT. It is also a significant investment in time and $$$'s. If you don't appreciate the availability of NEW OEM equivalent CDI's; move on....!

Carlos

Available exclusively from BDT Motorsports....NEW OEM Honda CDI version for 86-87 and 88-89. BDT has a waiting list for these units, you will receive what you ordered once the shipment comes into BDT. Those not on the list, that want to purchase need to get on the list as these for the most part are spoken for.

These are in route to BDT, this is the 3rd order BDT has had made from Japan in the past 3-4 years. Made by Shindengen in Japan, same exact manufacture that made the Honda OEM CDI's. Anyone stating until the new "oem style cdi's are proven", doesn't know what he is talking about since it is the same OEM part proven over 33 years, made by the same manufacture, Shindengen, one of the largest CDI suppliers in the world.

This is a huge deal for the 250R community, and BDT. It is also a significant investment in time and $$$'s. If you don't appreciate the availability of NEW OEM equivalent CDI's; move on....!

Carlos
Can i get on the list

$200 used cdi? get new 4 $200.

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

Well your not interested but someone might be
That’s the price I’ve been seeing for them when pop up
Should just keep it anyway thanks for input ill erase and let them keep looking

Carlos
Sorry for being naive but what about 1985 units? Can a '86-'87 unit be used on a 1985? Any benefit?
Thanks,
John

21 - 40 of 72 Posts