Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for an OEM CDI, does anyone have on for sale, or can you point me in a good direction to find one? Thanks

·
Registered
13,058 Posts
200 units (86-87 & 88-89 CDI's) made in Japan finally Left the Japanese factory and on the way to US-LAX Customs. Not sure how long since Covid-19 has slowed everything down, however; I would say 6-8 weeks max.

They will retail for $175-$200, Exclusively available through BDT Motorsports....if folks can wait 6-8 weeks, this is the Best option for OEM CDI's.

Carlos

·
Registered
6 Posts
200 units (86-87 & 88-89 CDI's) made in Japan finally Left the Japanese factory and on the way to US-LAX Customs. Not sure how long since Covid-19 has slowed everything down, however; I would say 6-8 weeks max.

They will retail for $175-$200, Exclusively available through BDT Motorsports....if folks can wait 6-8 weeks, this is the Best option for OEM CDI's.

Carlos

Are these cdi available yet?

·
Registered
145 Posts

Carlos
I'd take one when they come in. I'm in no rush as usual, it'd be a good spare.

·
Registered
288 Posts
86-89 all have the same plug. 89 I believe has the most desirable timing curv(don't really remember) ,but if you don't have a working cdi and need one I don't know if you would care which year as long as you had a working cdi?
Loren

Reactions: Idontrunstock88

·
Registered
145 Posts
86-89 all have the same plug. 89 I believe has the most desirable timing curv(don't really remember) ,but if you don't have a working cdi and need one I don't know if you would care which year as long as you had a working cdi?
Loren
Well said The Norm , agreed. Any working CDI is better than a bad one, unless you like pushing your R around like the Flintstones..lol

·
Registered
384 Posts
$200 used cdi? get new 4 $200.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts