Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guys that have this stabilizer and mounted it up, what is the trick. It won’t mount in front of the stem, and the way the brake lines run, I can’t get it to mount behind either.
Maybe I’m having a brain fart but I don’t see how this is gonna work.
Rich

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't use a hardline. Installed new braided lines. I know, more monies spent.

^^ Agreed! And for the price it's a no brainer.
So if I do braided lines, then I can remove that hard metal/plastic oem line that comes down the frame?

If so, do I future proof and go longer lines now for the extended a arms I plan to install??? Hmm 🤔

·
Registered
317 Posts
Could also try the double line from resi. Might be better with no T fitting. I have not tried double line but I plan to soon along with that stabilizer.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I did the +2 braided lines on mine when I installed the CCP stabilizer because of the same issue your having & also for a future a-arm swap. You can make up a mount that bolts to the stock location for the T fitting. I did that & than loosely ziptied the MC line to the top of the oem plastic radiator guard. Like mentioned your going to love that stabilizer. I got my first CCP 6 or 7 years ago than got another one for my wife's R 3 years ago. Money well spent & they still both work great.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Here's the one on my wife's R. Hope this helps, didn't have very good lighting for the pics. I remember having to do a little grinding on the mount to clear some welds on the frame:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies and help folks..
I’ll get longer lines and move forward

Just ordered stainless +3 lines. Just got to wait a week to install now

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok so I have the new stainless lines installed, but the bottom mount of the stabilizer needs a little bit a grinding to fit.
I know the arm has to be at 90 degrees from the clamp to the stem, but does the stem clamp from the stabilizer have to be at 90 also, it’s slightly off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts