Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1986 250R
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guys that have this stabilizer and mounted it up, what is the trick. It won’t mount in front of the stem, and the way the brake lines run, I can’t get it to mount behind either.
Maybe I’m having a brain fart but I don’t see how this is gonna work.
Rich

·
Registered
1986 250R
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't use a hardline. Installed new braided lines. I know, more monies spent.

^^ Agreed! And for the price it's a no brainer.
So if I do braided lines, then I can remove that hard metal/plastic oem line that comes down the frame?

If so, do I future proof and go longer lines now for the extended a arms I plan to install??? Hmm 🤔

·
Registered
507 Posts
I did the +2 braided lines on mine when I installed the CCP stabilizer because of the same issue your having & also for a future a-arm swap. You can make up a mount that bolts to the stock location for the T fitting. I did that & than loosely ziptied the MC line to the top of the oem plastic radiator guard. Like mentioned your going to love that stabilizer. I got my first CCP 6 or 7 years ago than got another one for my wife's R 3 years ago. Money well spent & they still both work great.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Here's the one on my wife's R. Hope this helps, didn't have very good lighting for the pics. I remember having to do a little grinding on the mount to clear some welds on the frame:

·
Registered
1986 250R
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok so I have the new stainless lines installed, but the bottom mount of the stabilizer needs a little bit a grinding to fit.
I know the arm has to be at 90 degrees from the clamp to the stem, but does the stem clamp from the stabilizer have to be at 90 also, it’s slightly off.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have one I bought 7yrs ago that has 250R on it & the one I bought 4yrs ago is blank. He makes these for other models so maybe he stopped engraving them to make them more universal.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ok so I have the new stainless lines installed, but the bottom mount of the stabilizer needs a little bit a grinding to fit.
I know the arm has to be at 90 degrees from the clamp to the stem, but does the stem clamp from the stabilizer have to be at 90 also, it’s slightly off.
Is your frame powder coated? Mine was tight because of the added powder. A little grinding fixed it. Slightly off is fine. I'm sure by now it's installed and performing well.

I noticed mine doesn’t say that either. Maybe he personalized his a bit.
As Scrappy said, James @ CNC would engrave the model used on the top. I guess he stopped doing this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.