Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m experiencing and issue where my bike is shooting sludge out of the exhaust when I rev it. I’ve narrowed it down to a few possibilities. 1. Probably the least likely The castor 927 since it’s a non synthetic oil separated from the gas and sat in the bowl when I turned the petcock on after shaking the bike the bowl filled with new mix and that’s what the pilot was taking in and when I revved it since the oil is more viscous it got sucked through the main. I highly highly doubt that’s the case but that’s just me making up excuses not to pull the head. 2. There’s condensation either getting in the engine directly or in the fuel. 3. My head is leaking coolant. The plug does have some wash the coolant level is still fully topped off and hasn’t dipped at all. Just curious for opinions before I order the o rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
when you shut off an engine it still has fuel and oil mix in the case's..also the fuel in carb will keep evaporating but leaving oil.so more oil will build up in carb.so first start up after sitting for awhile will smoke alot more than normal.they also run rich till warmed up.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just an fyi Castor 927 is not synthetic oil, it's castor oil which is a vegetable based oil. Never used Castor 927 personally but have read that it can separate in cold temperatures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an fyi Castor 927 is not synthetic oil, it's castor oil which is a vegetable based oil. Never used Castor 927 personally but have read that it can separate in cold temperatures.
Yeah it was a typo I fixed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Ya i moved away from Castor 927 due to seperation issues. Dumonde Tech is what i use now and couldnt be happier.

·
Super Moderator
2,363 Posts
Ive developed a habit that before I start my motor in my R and Banshee I drop the plug(s) on the bottom of the bowl, before I turn the pingle valves on. The motors kick over in 2-3 kicks, ALL time. No excessive oil either..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Maxima Castor927 is 20% castor oil and 80% Maxima K2, wich is a syntetic oil.

And yes, it tend to separate, even worst 'cause i'm using 100LL wich is lower density and make it worst.

I always have that bottle to know if it's separate or not.

Envoyé de mon SM-N975W en utilisant Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts