Honda TRX250R Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I run a good chain guard, so i have never had an issue. I was actually a mechanic before i was an engineer. My dad had a motorcycle shop while i grew up. Then i became a mechanical engineer and now i work in a maintenance department as a Maintenance/Reliability Engineer.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Can you repair a break of where the shift shaft comes out of the case? Even if you do not have the broken piece?

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Can you repair break of where the shift shaft comes out of the case? Even if you do not have the broken piece?
Yes....:)

We make a new Billet piece, Insert, TIG weld and machine.....looks like OEM after all the work.

Carlos

·
Registered
19 Posts
How much does it cost to have a leftside case done?both case saver mounts are broke and it needs work around shifter shaft.thank you

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I sent you a PM Randy...any questions please call BDT at 909-466-9152

For everyone else wondering cost of case repairs at BDT; the price ranges from $75-$150...obviously cases with both case saver mounts broken off, and shifter shaft damaged will need substancial TIG welding & machining. The cost for repairs will be in the $150 range.

Carlos

·
Registered
234 Posts
For case saver mount repair do you need both case halves. I have another engine I bought from ebay that was missing the lower case saver mount.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
For case saver mount repair do you need both case halves. I have another engine I bought from ebay that was missing the lower case saver mount.
No...just the Left side for chain saver mount repairs only.

For any repairs that involve bearing bores, crankshaft bore, or major case repair/TIG welding then Yes we need both halfs as a set to match to.

Carlos

21 - 30 of 30 Posts