Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lot's of folks always asking what kind of Case repairs can we do at BDT, here is a good example of major Case Repair from TIG welding through Powder Coat showcasing our capabilities.

20140115_180547.jpg 20140115_180608.jpg 20140115_180619.jpg 20140116_110938.jpg 20140116_131524.jpg

From left to right; TIG Welding and3 places, Rough Machined, 3 places. Both Case Saver mounts were complete broken, the Clutch cavityhad a hole.

Carlos

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Awesome. They look great

·
Registered
433 Posts
very nice!! they look like new I have 3 of them for you to do soon!! :)

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Those wouldnt have havppend to be my XC cases would they?

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nice. How long does it take to fix something like this.
It takes time, the TIG welding is about 45 minutes, the machine work takes most of the time. I would say these cases have 3-4 hours of work.

Awsome work.Im also interested in cost.My 85 cases are broken on the inside wear the crank goes.Can you fix something like this. View attachment 24281
We can fix just about any case damage, it becomes a time & cost factor. Sometimes the cost does not justify the repair verses a replacement half.

How well have repaired cases held up so far?
Since they are TIG welded and machined, they last about as good as new...really have never had any issues once repaired.

Carlos

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What do you do for bearings that spin in the cases? I would be interested in photos of that process.
Bore the bearing bore, press fit a sleeve and machine/re-bore to fit the bearing. All baring bores can be repaired with this method including the CB bearing bore.

Carlos

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Ya they where bugerd up good. Thats how they were when i got them. I have never actually broke an engine case myself believe it or not. But... my first non damaged cases are the ones you built for me last year. They looked great and had no problems all season long.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Ya they where bugerd up good. Thats how they were when i got them. I have never actually broke an engine case myself believe it or not. But... my first non damaged cases are the ones you built for me last year. They looked great and had no problems all season long.
I hope your not superstitious ...you might have just jinxed yourself:D

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Nope not at all. Being an engineer, i look at the facts. And the facts only.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts