Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there!

So today I went riding for like 2 hours and I noticed when I turned the bike off the overflow on the carb started spiting gas out non stop. I turned the gas off and it stops leaking. Ive check other sites and it may be something to with the needle valve. It has never done this before completely new. The funny thing is after I stopped riding and let the bike cool down I turn on the gas and it stops leaking from the carb overflow. Not sure why it would stop all of sudden. Maybe the needle valve got stuck open for a sec?!?! Could a carb clean to start with do the trick because im thinking it might have sucked up some dirt or debris and got stuck in the needle valve. If anyone could give some advice to what I should do that be great.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Definitely clean it and check the float height. I have seen varnish collect on the needle and seat. Also the rubber on the needle can harden, which makes for a poor seal.

·
Registered
33 Posts
would a carb clean do the trick to clean the seat?
I just had this happen to me and I cleaned my carb pulled the floats and float needle out checked the floats to see if they were filling up with fuel, and checked float needle to see if it was messed up. cleaned the carb put it back together and has been working fine since. not sure what the problem was for sure but it is no longer pouring gas out the overflow tube.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts