Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I really like the look of yur r!
Sweet looking trail system for sure! Someday...hopefully make it out that far to ride
Have fun at the race an post pics :p

·
Registered
284 Posts
I wouldnt want to miss any corners on that trail....that looks awesome!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really like the look of yur r!
Sweet looking trail system for sure! Someday...hopefully make it out that far to ride
Have fun at the race an post pics :p
Thanks, come west anytime. I'll show you around some cool trails and great riding.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Badass R man! Your lawn looks like a golf course... lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice R, I love the way XC quads look. I hope she performs well for you during the race.

Thanks,

Shes geared just right, I run 20's on the rear on oversized 10's.... great for traction.

Im going to record the race on GoPro. I'll post it up.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
So what's the engine specs on that bad boy?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Engine: stock port, v-force3 carbon fiber reeds, full fmf SST exhaust, stock carb, k&N air filter, open air box w/ outer wears.

Suspension/Steerin: triple rate Works Shocks, stock a-arms, 450r rear shock, axcaliber rear axle +2, anti vide stem, fast flexx oversized handle bars,

Fuel: 40:1 mix, 4 gallon IMS tank, 45 pilot, 150 main jet.

Plastics: FullBore racing plastics, HCC racing seat cover.

Tires: Maxxis RAZR 20x11x10 rear, RAZR 20x6x10 Fronts
====

As i got older, I realized you get more out your bike by putting money into suspension/steering vs. engine. Now i preach suspension/steering as much as often.

Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Okay, so am I the only who saw a snake at 4:46 lol! Great riding, definitely don't want to make any mistakes. But seriously, is that a snake?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, so am I the only who saw a snake at 4:46 lol! Great riding, definitely don't want to make any mistakes. But seriously, is that a snake?

Good eye Brant. It was actually a old weathered tow strap on the trail.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Man I really have the itch to start riding...I wish winter was over!!:(

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
You and me both. I think i'm getting seasonal depression for the first time in my life
I may get seasonal depression, but I get not riding enough depression in about 2 weeks of not riding. I guess that's why I got so many toys to ride. Seriously it makes a big difference in my mental state when I'm not riding. I get depressed and moody. Nothing fixes it but riding. I think I'm gonna start racing more than just once a year. It's tradition for me to always go race at Hallet Motor Speedway when they have Goldrush weekend in Nov. At 41, I'm not getting much, if any, faster, but that still doesn't take the fun out of it. They have cross country and supermoto racing. Either way you're gonna ride some pavement(black asphalt which is kinda slick and perfect for quads), which is prob the most fun I have on a quad.This year I did the CC race to switch it up and did it on my yz250. I had a blast and while most people were worried about bikes with knobby tires on pavement(and really slowed down for corners, which there is plenty off, I found it didn't bother me at all like I thought it would). It's a blast and there is usually around 700 to 800 people racing throughout the whole weekend. You guys really need to come check it out. It's the biggest race here in the midwest/central US that I know of. I'm guessing that the EDT race here in May coming up will have a heck of a turnout too. I've never done any flattrack racing though. Gonna try that soon as I'm getting to old for mx. I'm sore for days after even riding mx.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I may get seasonal depression, but I get not riding enough depression in about 2 weeks of not riding. I guess that's why I got so many toys to ride. Seriously it makes a big difference in my mental state when I'm not riding. I get depressed and moody. Nothing fixes it but riding. I think I'm gonna start racing more than just once a year. It's tradition for me to always go race at Hallet Motor Speedway when they have Goldrush weekend in Nov. At 41, I'm not getting much, if any, faster, but that still doesn't take the fun out of it. They have cross country and supermoto racing. Either way you're gonna ride some pavement(black asphalt which is kinda slick and perfect for quads), which is prob the most fun I have on a quad.This year I did the CC race to switch it up and did it on my yz250. I had a blast and while most people were worried about bikes with knobby tires on pavement(and really slowed down for corners, which there is plenty off, I found it didn't bother me at all like I thought it would). It's a blast and there is usually around 700 to 800 people racing throughout the whole weekend. You guys really need to come check it out. It's the biggest race here in the midwest/central US that I know of. I'm guessing that the EDT race here in May coming up will have a heck of a turnout too. I've never done any flattrack racing though. Gonna try that soon as I'm getting to old for mx. I'm sore for days after even riding mx.

Well put Mennis - I agree 100%, i get really cranky when i don't ride for more then 2 weeks. I thought something was wrong with me. Glad to see i'm not the only one. I'm at peace when im out on the trails.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts