Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
A arms? Does it have a astro or 3x4 kit on it? Contact jemco they can make you a sweet pipe for that gem. Upgrade to a liquid r Carb and that pipe and it will wake up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha sorry I don't know why I said a arms. But anyhow what is a liquid r carb? and what pipe do you suggest. I found out that it is an 83 model not an 82. sorry for the confusion. I posted this before I got it back to my house

·
Registered
47 Posts
83-84 are nice I have a 84 project myself and I've owned 2 83 models. The liquid r Carb is from the 85 up liquid cooled models. The best pipe for the 83 is the jemco it made awesome power across the whole band. As far as a swinger those have a really unique swinger and nothing is made for those., keep your eye on eBay for a westcoast swinger they're rare for them but they are worth it. Ill try to post a pic or two of mine when I get to a comp.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just looked up the vin. and it's actually an 84 if that makes any difference. I looked at the DG national pipe. what are your thoughts on that?

·
Registered
611 Posts
I bought a cherry 82 250R recently. Luckily it came with a Westcoast swingarm, a Works Performance shock, and other upgrades. I just changed out the stock tires for a low profile front and some 18 inche Turf Tamers. I also got some Tusk extended hubs (see pictures). It handles 10 times better than with the stock balloon tires. Regarding your 84, you will just have to keep and eye out for old-school stuff. I know DG still makes pipes and silencers for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation Rs but I'd rather not go that route. I've considered getting a Jemco pipe. He still makes them and his prices are great for a hand-coned pipe. They look much better than DG too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a cherry 82 250R recently. Luckily it came with a Westcoast swingarm, a Works Performance shock, and other upgrades. I just changed out the stock tires for a low profile front and some 18 inche Turf Tamers. I also got some Tusk extended hubs (see pictures). It handles 10 times better than with the stock balloon tires. Regarding your 84, you will just have to keep and eye out for old-school stuff. I know DG still makes pipes and silencers for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation Rs but I'd rather not go that route. I've considered getting a Jemco pipe. He still makes them and his prices are great for a hand-coned pipe. They look much better than DG too.
Hey man what size front tire do you have on that thing? And one more question, is your brake line and shock extended for that rear axel?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts