Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this machine when I was 17, (almost 20 years ago) and have decided to get her back up to speed. It has been used and abused and I need a winter project. Just got it back from the sandblasters and is waiting to get a gusset kit installed. Hopefully I can get it Tig welded here in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to do a little preventative maintenance before I have it powder coated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

This is kind of the look I am going for. I have a nice set of chrome Lonestar a-arms, I am debating about what to do with the Lonestar swinger that I have. Options are to coat red to match the frame, coat it silver similar to stock brushed aluminum, or send it off to get chromed. Any opinions?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Good choice on the gusset kit. Some say they increase the risk of cracking the frame, but in reality that is not true. It's a definite possibility though if the person installing the gusset kit is not a decent welder. I always TIG weld everything on my R just to be sure that I have a quality weld and I don't induce too much heat. I run about 80-90 amps and use .045" wire. That keeps the weld and the heat affected zone small. Just my opinion stemming from 20+ years of professional welding/fabrication experience.
Loren

Reactions: AJ77 and bushwesl
1 - 13 of 13 Posts