Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
250R sitting for many years. Problem is at master cylinder front and rear. not the caliper. But brakes not releasing. Is there a part or seal that is bad or is something mushroomed up from sitting? Is something plugged. Let me know any tips if you know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you... Where can I find the parts or Are they still available on Honda parts warehouse? Or should I look at an aftermarket rebuild? Never got into this one before, so do you know what I should perhaps order up?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I did it a couple months ago. On the fronts I pieced it together from all OEM parts. On the rear I used the All Balls kit.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've rebuilt 2 complete sets of brakes using rebuild kits from Shindy. I have no complaints with their products & there made in Japan. I've also used a couple Shindy carb rebuild kits with great success.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've rebuilt 2 complete sets of brakes using rebuild kits from Shindy. I have no complaints with their products & there made in Japan. I've also used a couple Shindy carb rebuild kits with great success.
How do I get in touch with Shindy?
Thank you

·
Registered
329 Posts
I get the rebuild kits on eBay from whoever sells them the cheapest... within reason... Had good luck with Lionparts & also biker chick unlimited. One thing however is the rear caliper floater pin is now discontinued & the only way I found to get them is from another brand of brake rebuild kit also on eBay but I think there chinese. Could get your original pins zinc plated if you have a local shop or want to ship.... If you need a push rod for the rear mc Suzuki p/n 69670-00A00 is a direct replacement.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The All Balls kit does contain new caliper pins.
I'm referring to the rear caliper floater pin, not the brake pad hanger pins. None of the aftermarket brake rebuilds that I've seen have the caliper floater pin except for the one on ebay... The Shindy kits have the brake pad hanger pins like the All Balls kits.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Oh the big pin. Yeah if that's crusty you don't want to just clean it up since the pitting and galling will keep it from moving properly. And you can't get it from Honda it looks like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts