Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I bought new brake pads for my 250r. I have pressed the cylinders back in to put my pads on and they still wont go over the rotors. Im just wondering if anyone has any tips or trick to get this to go on smoother.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Sometimes i use a smallish c-clamp to push the pistons back

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I did tht pistons are pressed in the brake pads just seem too thick I wonder if I can grind them down a little or anything else?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is this on the rear? I have noticed different thicknes's between different manufactures. My problem was the parking brake block off was not recessed enough. for the rod

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I having problems on the front I got them to slide over once but they were just too tight not allowing the rotor to spin freely im not sure what else to do

·
Super Moderator
2,310 Posts
I Just ordered a Tusk rotor and new EBC sintered pads for the rear, I am fearing the same issues when I go to do the install!

·
Banned
88 Posts
Ok I bought new brake pads for my 250r. I have pressed the cylinders back in to put my pads on and they still wont go over the rotors. Im just wondering if anyone has any tips or trick to get this to go on smoother.
have you tried removing the top off the break rezzy and then compress pistons.If it was filled when old pads were half worn,there could be enough fluid that it wont allow the pistons wont compress all the way

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im thinking it could be my rotor I got both sides to go over the rotor but my right side is stiff and the left side is just fine

·
Registered
876 Posts
If you use the c clamp make sure to open the master cylinder reservoir to allow the excess fluid out. Took me months to figure that out one time. Otherwise brakes will drag due to pressure in system on caliper pistons.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts