Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All 3 of my brake calipers are dragging pretty bad. They're 25 yrs old so I'm not surprised they could use a rebuild. Just curious what brand rebuild kit does everyone go with?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would also vote for michael as I have used rmatv and I found this 100% reliable for me. I am not sure about 30 years because I have used this recently, but I hope it would last at-least 20 years. Thanks.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I did my fronts this weekend, pretty easy with a clean bench. A little penetrating oil and some air to the bleeder hole, and the pistons come right out... Watch your fingers! Once one of the pistons popped I cleaned it up and smeared it with fresh brake fluid, then placed a socket (14mm ) to hold it in place to free up the sticky one. My bike is very low hrs, so all the seals looked great and re-used them after cleaning in SUPER CLEAN, careful not to tear (used wife's dental tools). Lightly sanded smooth (400) some electrolysis from two of the four bores and re-assembled. What a difference it made, apparently one of them must have been sticking a bit more and overheated/warped one of my rotors. When I spin the rotor it hits a slightly rougher spot.

I need a rotor if any that reads this has one for an '87 TRX

·
Registered
132 Posts
On mine air wasn't enough and I didn't want to launch the pistons like rockets. I used a grease gun and pushed them out gradually. Alittle more cleaning is involved but worked great.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My best bet is to get a OEM repair kit or rmatv will do, by the way make sure to check your brake pads and lining to avoid double job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts