Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
145 Posts
Gravity bleed first, cap off, bleeder open, sit and wait. If its a stainless line they can be a pain sometimes. It helps to tap the line with a screwdriver from one end to the other, helps free up air bubbles. After fluid starts to flow, bleed as normal. Make sure that your bleeder is not plugged, especially if theres no rubber cap. I prefer to use a hand vacuum pump though, headache saver for sure.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K I gravity blead then would losen valve push down pedel tighten valve and release pedel. Is this correct

·
Banned
145 Posts
Push pedal, then loosen, then tighten, then release pedal. Pump it up a few times the repeat, it may take awhile, can be a pain!

·
Registered
989 Posts
you can use a long clear tube on the bleeder, and apply suction on tube until you see fluid then close bleeder,(same principal as a vacuum pump) kinda like siphoning gas

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Take a bulb or syringe, pre-fill the brake caliper, master cylinder and break line with Brake Fluid, then pump brakes, bleed as stated. Pre-filling helps reduce the bleed time.

Carlos

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright thanks guys. I guess cause its freaken cold here after I got new pads on I just rushed the bleeding process. I have brakes just little soft.

·
Banned
50 Posts
I start tapping and rapid movement of the pedal or lever while watching to see when the small bubble stop rising from the rezzy stop.once I have a little resistance I hold the pedal all the way down and slowly crack the banjo fitting at the master repeat until only clear fluid and no air ,then I move to bleeding the calipers

·
Banned
50 Posts
thanks ,mr 02 .At least once a year I will have a friend call up say he cant get his brakes to pump up and doing this has allways worked

·
Banned
145 Posts
Take a bulb or syringe, pre-fill the brake caliper, master cylinder and break line with Brake Fluid, then pump brakes, bleed as stated. Pre-filling helps reduce the bleed time.

Carlos
The only way prefilling the caliper would work is if the bolt was atleast loose, if not completely off, and pushing it back in from the bleader, or vice versa, but still creates chance for air. Otherwise it wouldnt fill the caliper because of the air pocket. If you do the banjo bolt first as highway states, it will first eliminate the air pocket that always there after the master, making it easier to pass air through the second air pocket that gets held up in the caliper. Make sense? Also prefilling is 10 more steps more than Gravity bleading and doing is as Highway man stated. If it was a car or truck you would bench bleed the master

·
Banned
50 Posts
I guess while were on this subject I would like to mention that you should not expose your brake fluid to the atmosphere any longer than nessesary .brake fluid sucks moisture out of the air like a sponge and that is bad for many reasons

·
Registered
989 Posts
I guess while were on this subject I would like to mention that you should not expose your brake fluid to the atmosphere any longer than nessesary .brake fluid sucks moisture out of the air like a sponge and that is bad for many reasons
and removes paint from any painted surface it is alowed to set on for any lenght of time

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
the other easy way is to just put a small hose on the bleader.now put the hose in a small cup half full of brake fluid.keep the bleader open and just slowly pump it.as the cup get's full,just pour it back into the resvior.keep doing this till all of the bubbles are gone..this work's every time and save's on brake fluid.this is the way i do most of my brake lines"even on car's"because i cant trust the person to not let up at the wrong time....i also don't loose ant brake fluid"yeah i'm cheep!!".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts