Honda TRX250R Forums banner

best pipe

6K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  LaegerR 
#1 ·
ok i have a 89 250r bored an stroked!! stock paul turner pipe an fat boy sil. pipe has seen better days i mostly drag an trail ride with it. what would be the best kinda pipe 4 me to go with!!

#2 ·
ok i have a 89 250r bored an stroked!! stock paul turner pipe an fat boy sil. pipe has seen better days i mostly drag an trail ride with it. what would be the best kinda pipe 4 me to go with!!

esr trx 5 or 11 center mount have both love both 350 set up

#4 ·
ight thanks yall. i checked into the trx-5 its gonnaa run bout $259 an the only silincer i found from them was the oring silincer wich is bout $119. thank 4 ur help. haha if u can find a differnt silincer let me know atv source shows 1 4 $89 but i cant find it to order it! and if any 1 knows where i could find a decent set of shocks and a arms. i wanna go 2" wider on each side!

#6 ·
THere was a guy on here selling a sparks TT. It may be in the old forum.

#9 ·
i got my trx5 from esr w/silencer for 299.00.i just heard eddie came out with a trx7 pipe for 08 and it's supposed to be the best all around pipe yet.
actually i think(i may be way off on this) esr once had those pipes avail. and norrowed it down to esr 5 , 9 and 11's. guess the new owners decided to bring it back? :unsure:

#11 ·
ESR has the TRX5 std., 5 centermount, ATC 5, TRX6, and TRX11 centermount. I haven't heard of any new ones, but that would be cool. About a year ago or more, I asked them if they were developing any new pipes. THey said they were only working on a out of frame drag pipe.

I did hear they came up with a new engine kit that is a 390. I assuming it's the same as a 370, but with more stroke. A guy that works at ESR is building one and putting it in an LRD aluminum frame for an all around duner.

#14 ·
what do you guys think about LRD adjustable pipe?
how does it compare to a a esr pipe

#16 ·
i got my trx5 from esr w/silencer for 299.00.i just heard eddie came out with a trx7 pipe for 08 and it's supposed to be the best all around pipe yet.
Looks like esr310 is right. I heard from another source that ESR has a new all around pipe out. I'm going to call them today and try to get the facts. I love to see people still developing new parts for a 20+ year old quad.

Reactions: RIDE-RED 350r
#18 ·
Hey man let us know the low down on that new pipe please..
Here is the low down. The new pipe is called a TRX 71. They also have new porting, also called 71 to match it. It is available in centermount and standard mount. It has a new nameplate on it. Similar to their 4 stroke pipes with black and red on it. It is similar in performance to the TRX5, but it has more low end and midrange. Basically in between the TRX6 and the TRX5. Exactly what I've been looking for. He said they developed this combo for duners that are mainly play riding and trail riding. He said you could still drag with it too, just have to short shift and maybe use taller gearing. He also said they are coming out with a new muffler that will be quieter and will have a changeable end cap to add a spark arrester.

So who's gonna buy one first and tell us how it is???

#19 ·
Sounds great! Thanks for doing the research for us :) Although, I'm not going to be the first one to try it... sorry. But I am interested in the new silencer/spark arrestor combo. Here in MI you have to be spark arrested and I hate those damn slip on p.o.s. Sparky's

#21 ·
to answer about the LRD pipe: i've ran one on both my R's. it's a good all around pipe, isn't great anywhere but definately doesn't lack anything either. my biggest complaint is that the little tangs for the bolts that hold the 2 pieces together are easy to break off, so i found that a small piece of rubber hose works great as a spacer instead of the washers or nuts that alot of people use.

and IMO the sparks mx pipe is hard to beat(or a pt 89 race). it hits right off the bottom and still revs out well. but you won't be getting a new one :(

the trx 5 is a good midrange/top end pipe but i felt it didn't have enough lowend to dethrown the sparks mx

#22 ·
i had good luck so far with my lrd. but i'm not sure if im using it i have a dyno port bb pipe im gonna try. also my 310 has a ptr race pipe and i think that ones awsome it pulls right of the bottom

#23 ·
I would avoid the trx 11 pipe enless you have a 330cc or bigger setup and are only into drag racing and hill climbing, otherwise you'll just be wasting your money with a pipe that big. I made the mistake and bought that pipe first (this was before I knew any better and thought a giant pipe would make it run alot faster) and I put it on my stock 250 motor and it barely did any better than the stock pipe I had on it first. the pipe is pretty much to big for its own good........enless you got a pretty big motor like a 350 or 370.

I have a trx 5 pipe and silencer and I love em, they perform awesome for me and I cant say nothin bad on em yet. very good all around pipe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.