Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my 250R back in 1997, the stock grab bar was bent out right in the middle like someone had tried to yank it out of a mudhole by the grab bar with a chain or something. I just put a DG one on and didn't think about it. But now I want to re-install the stock tool caddy to store spark plugs and a wrench in so that they're not beating around in my backpack. The DG won't let me do this, so I want to bend back the stock grab bar and re-finish it. I figure this is going to require some heat at the least. I was thinking of heating it up then cranking it down in a vise. I do not have a press.

·
Super Moderator
2,348 Posts
Heat, and try and make a jig to follow to get it as “true” as possible..

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Giving up on this. The bar is bent in too many different ways. I found a different bag to put my stuff into.

·
Registered
13,187 Posts
IMO, the OEM grab bars are somewhat thin, and once "creased"; very dificult to make like new again.

Carlos

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's worse than that, now that I have looked at it again at some point I must have hit it with a big hammer as a teenager trying to bend it back so it has a flat spot in the outdent of the crease and is bent down too.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So apparently the early 300EX/400EX tool caddy fits 250Rs with DG grab bars. I've seen pictures of 250Rs on this site with them mounted. Anything I need to know about it, or can you just buy it and put it on?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts