Honda TRX250R Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Complete BDT WURKS Intake system with Real K&N Airfilter & Outer Wear, Hose, all SS Clamps for ATC250R 85-86 or TRX250R 86-89 is available in Semi-Gloss Black, Triple Chromed, or Raw (WURKS look just like the BDT Pipes).

Triple Chrome: $225
Powder Coated Semi-Gloss Black: $210
Raw WURKS Look: $190

Note: the BDT WURKS Intake is Hand Cut, Fusion Welded and Formed to a Smooth Constant Curve for the 'BEST" airflow (NOT like competitors 'Choopy' versions), they come with Real K&N Airfilters & Outer Wear (K&N engraved on filter top, imports are not), and 100% Made In The USA.

P1210127A.jpg P1210126A.jpg P1210128A.jpg P1210125A.jpg P1210129A.jpg

Carlos

·
Registered
135 Posts
Damn, the hate is strong in here.

There are only so many ways to skin a cat, so design similarities aren't that out of line. Taking air from here to there in this much room. As far as affordable, looks like arlens kits are $225 in raw. And the 86 requires drilling.

Air flow is a funny thing. As we all know with porting, small changes can lead to big results.

·
Super Moderator
2,281 Posts
Guys no one is putting a gun to your heads.. You don't want to buy a BDT intake, dont.. For those who want more than one aftermarket intake option it's nice to know there is more than once company, that goes for everything!

·
Registered
296 Posts
The one thing that stopped me to buy from esr/bdt/led about the intake is that they dont work in stock air box, and lot of us here in quebec have to run stock shit tube to air box...

i modded my frame before powder coating in "prevision" for a better intake set up.

today i made the intake system , it may not be stainless shinny cause i only have a old mastercraft flux core but gonna do the trick once powdercoated.

So if i got a sujestion for bdt, why dont you make something better for the guys who run a air box ? i mean most of the guys i've seen run enduro with the need for good air cleaner set up

·
Registered
182 Posts
Led intakes for $225.00 are all stainless, so they can be easily polished. With more competition now maybe someone will step up and make something bad ass with a air box.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I ran this new intake last weekend at lake Elsinore. It got me a holeshot and a win in my heat race and a win in the main. The 1st thing you notice is the bike runs a little more crispier and you will need to slightly fatten things up.

In a nutshell, I liked it and noticed a difference.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That Intake would lower Intake velocity usually that means less throttle response, when we raced snowmobiles we would put bigger carbs on a smaller engine and we would loose throttle response due to Intake velocity going down but the top end would be better with the extra fuel/air which Is ok for drag racing. I could see a larger bigbore like a saber benefiting from a large Intake like that but I bet the throttle response will change with It Installed. I think Carlos needs to tone it down a bit, Its ok to sell your products but he needs to be a little more respectful of others. I think if he deflates his ego a little it would go a long way,

·
Registered
296 Posts
Carlos you are really good at copying other peoples designs! First it was Nelson's exhaust hangars, now its LED's intake? Wow... :(
I dont understand the fuck are you talking about... there isnt 10 way to make a fucking intake sheet metal... YES they may look the same if you dont look close.... .. . . . copying ? no. more like that he cant just make one with pure gold sheet and wobly twist xd... its a fucking almost straight cone made with 10 buck sheet metal welded together... of course they gonna look similar...

now if carlos is making similar part, well why not,,,, that will bring the cost down , i mean there is like 100 brand of aftermarket pipe and lot look same design... aint noone bashing after fmf ?.... the more producer we have the more choice and low price we get !

·
Registered
12,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BDT WURKS Intake system:

The BDT WURKS intake is a 'trumpet' curvature design, with varying curveture and NOT a series of straight sectioned cones welded together resulting in multiple' choppy' sections. Just like our BDT WURKS pipes, variable curvatures, fusion welded (no welding rod used) yield increased performance over 'choppy' or straight sectioned designs.

Why? Just like ANY 'trumpet' type musical instrument, smooth variable or progressive curvatures (with NO welding rod 'slag') create the least amount of turbulance, and increase resonance with less loss of energy....ie; improved flow. A quick example is velocity intakes, carburetor bell shapes, airflow orificies, ect....all are made up from smooth curvatures, and not straight 'choppy' sections.

I stand behind my original post & observation that straight sectioned taper 'choppy' designs do not yield the results expected, and straight tube intakes, under 5 degrees offer better performance. This is NOT the case for smooth variable curvature intakes like the BDT WURKS Intake.

For our 250R application, smooth variable curvature intakes equate to increased flow, reduced intake turbulance and an overall performance gain across the complete power curve Innovative? NO....high performance Racingengines have been using variable curved intakes long before any Quad, Motorcycle or ATC ever hit the market, this is nothing new. Quite a few manufactures offer curved intake systems for all types of motorsport applications....What we did at BDT is take proven wave, airflow and fluid engineering combined with our BDT WURKS pipe technology, and Dyno time to develop a superior intake system.

To recap the advantages of the BDT WURKS Intake system:

'Trumpet' variable curvature design; superior resonance & wave speed

Tuned Length for each application (Woods, MX, TT, Duner, ect...)

Fusion Welded; NO welding rod used, smooth internal curvature with minimal turbulance

Increased flow over 'choppy' or straight sectioned designs

Thinner Guage Steel; 33% lighter weight than competative Stainless or Steel designs

One design size fits both ATC & TRX 250R 85-89 models Fits with Center Mount Pipe and Standard Mount Designs

Available in Triple Chrome, Semi-Gloss Black, and Raw

Genuine K&N Airfilter...NO cheap inport imitations

Hand Made in the USA at BDT by Kenny Roberts

Over time designs evolve, new ideas emerge and a new & "better mouse trap" is developed. In the future we will see improvents made in all facets of motorsports by different manufactures, intakes included. For now the BDT WURKS Intake system is an excellent option for MX, Duner, TT, Woods (dry conditions only), and the 'Weekend Warrior'....for true Drag applications, BDT offers our straight tube designs as well.

Carlos

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.