Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I could be completely wrong, but I thought the 86 atc was the same size as the 86 and 87 trx. I thought the length did not change until 88 when they went to the Alluminum swinger. Are the 86 and 87 different also?

On the trx's that is correct the 86 & 87 are the same while the 88 & 89 are shorter. I don't know for sure on whether the 86 atc and the 86 & 87 trx's swingarms are the same length but I believe they are.

·
Premium Member
13,281 Posts
On the trx's that is correct the 86 & 87 are the same while the 88 & 89 are shorter. I don't know for sure on whether the 86 atc and the 86 & 87 trx's swingarms are the same length but I believe they are.
ATC250R 85 & 86 and TRX250R 86-87 are the same length...88-89 are shorter.

Carlos.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm putting together an '82 atc 250r and I was wondering what you guys thought was too long for an extended swing arm for the trike. I want a swing that will allow me to trial ride but still have good cornering but still prevent too much wheelieing. any ideas on what might be a good fit. I was thinking at most 3in but maybe I'm wrong?

·
Registered
1 Posts
ATC250R 85 & 86 and TRX250R 86-87 are the same length...88-89 are shorter.

Carlos.
So my 86 atc linkage and bone, 87 trx swinger will go together w out any differences or change in suspension stiffness or any other issues?.pretty much all good??...btw im using an 85 frame...My shock is 85 or 86..i cant tell the gold or black knob is missing....Hopefully im good ...old post i know but figured id chime in I used this post to help me alot....

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think they were trying to save money by having the trike and quad share a swingarm so after the trike was discontinued they started making the swingarm shorter to match the quad better for '88. The longer swingarm matches the trike better than it does the quad to keep the trike's front end down whereas you get better traction on the quad with the shorter one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts