Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the stock height for forks to stick up above the triple clamps?

what effect does moving them higher or lower?

·
Registered
12,794 Posts
The Circular Line marked on the forks is the correct "stock" point or height for ATC250R 85 & 86...off the top of my head approximately 25-30MM. Obviously different location if running TT, FT or even MX.

Lowering the front end (as well as the rear) is beneficial for certain types of Racing or Riding...Trike handles, turns & slides easier when lowered from stock position.

Carlos

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does the 25-30 mm include the black caps? If I measure from the top of the black caps mine are at 30 mm

·
Registered
12,794 Posts
I actually measure a set of Forks, they sit at 35MM from Top of cap to Stock location on Circular Line. You can see the Line on the top edge of the Triple Tree Clamp.

Carlos

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pics. I guess mine are not quite up to that line, I guess I’ll drop them.

·
Registered
12,794 Posts
The stock location, or line would be right height for most riding. Raising the forks lowers the front, makes handling much better on FT & TT racing.

Carlos

·
Registered
33 Posts
I lowered mine about an inch to see if leaning on the front a bit more, would help with the bike coming up on the first shift from 2nd...I'm 230lbs and have an 85 ATC with a BDT 370 and a +6 and with Skat Trak 8-paddle Haulers, I almost straddle the tank, but when she hooks on sand, even if I'm already moving, that's it, I become an astronomer looking up at the sky...so I'm thinking +10

·
Registered
12,794 Posts
I lowered mine about an inch to see if leaning on the front a bit more, would help with the bike coming up on the first shift from 2nd...I'm 230lbs and have an 85 ATC with a BDT 370 and a +6 and with Skat Trak 8-paddle Haulers, I almost straddle the tank, but when she hooks on sand, even if I'm already moving, that's it, I become an astronomer looking up at the sky...so I'm thinking +10
Awesome...lowering the front helps in launch-starts, if your'e running progressive Springs, Emulator Valve on Stock OEM Forks, you can comfortably lower them -1" as you did. +10" is a lot of swingarm, turning that Beast is going to feel like turning an Ocean-Liner...LOL

Carlos

1 - 9 of 9 Posts