Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a front wheel for my ATC, and do not know where to start. I am not sure what sizes will fit or if only one size will fit. I read that the stock wheel is a 10X6 wheel, is this correct?
Will the front wheels off of TRX250rs work? OR is the offset going to be a problem?
I would really like to find a beadlock front wheel if it is possible.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
876 Posts
the oem is actually an 11", not 10. the guys on 3ww have had custom made 10", but it has to be done just right to clear the brake caliper. I believe the 83-84 250r will work too, and maybe 200x350x. I do not have an OEM rim on my 85, not sure what its from

·
Registered
611 Posts
I don't think you are going to find a beadlock for the front, unless you have one custom made by OMF. The front doesn't need beadlocks anyway. If you search ebay you'll find a lot of used OEM rims. You can also find some aftermarket rims that measure 10 and 11 inches.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I wasn't sure from your post if you were looking for an Oem rim or aftermarket?i have an Oem from rim as well as a polished aluminum(I think it Douglas)front rim w tire mounted..

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have stock oem rims laying around, but yes i really want after market. I guess beadlock is going to be out of the question. I didnt want to run beadlocks in the rear and not one in the front.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
carlos, by any chance will that 10 inch wheel work with Jason halls inverted fork kit he makes.

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
What is the advantage of a 10 inch wheel?

And yes they look cool so that part is not lost on me.
A couple of other advantages are:

Less tire flex
Stiffer ride
Positive tracking
More tire choices (like AO stated)

I would say most of the advantages are seen in FT & TT...

Carlos

1 - 17 of 17 Posts