Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new to the site but long time ATC 250R rider. Since my younger days I have always wanted to build up a 3 wheeler from the frame up. Finally in a position that I can hopefully knock this one off my bucket list. I have a mostly stock 85 machine with a newer “cut out”engine that I recently found and installed. Dont really want to mess with this machine much love it the way it is. I have located a frame and want to do a custom high performance build from the ground up. Any pointers, do’s and dont’s that I should know before I get going? I want to do this right. Planning to work on this with my son over the next year or so as an after school project. Any insight or help would to get me going would be great thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
My experience with rebuilding an 86 trx has taught me several things. A lot of parts have been discontinued. Get yourself hooked up with some of the many social media outlets that pertain to your machine. And be ready for many unforeseen costs. I began my restoration back in the late part of 2020. Recently I noticed my old Clarke oversized fuel tank has exploded itself just from sitting in my shed. At least fuel tanks are easily found. Rebuilding the suspension will be a chore since rebuild kits are not easily found. A good source of parts can be found in dirt wheels magazine in the vendor section. Good luck bruh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My experience with rebuilding an 86 trx has taught me several things. A lot of parts have been discontinued. Get yourself hooked up with some of the many social media outlets that pertain to your machine. And be ready for many unforeseen costs. I began my restoration back in the late part of 2020. Recently I noticed my old Clarke oversized fuel tank has exploded itself just from sitting in my shed. At least fuel tanks are easily found. Rebuilding the suspension will be a chore since rebuild kits are not easily found. A good source of parts can be found in dirt wheels magazine in the vendor section. Good luck bruh
Thanks I will look into those vendors to try to start tracking down parts. Ya figured there would be those extra costs. Appreciate the insight!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts