Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone uses ASV F3 Levers, I just got a set of F3s and new Tag bars for my brother's "R", and the brake lever appears to be mis-manufactured...it is extremely difficult to install, and when I get it installed, it is engaging the brake. I got a very cheesy set of instructions for installation, and could use some guidance, may need to reach out to ASV to get some direction here...any help greatly appreciated as always! :)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
You have to do some sanding on the 2 bushings that you put in for the lever and the bolt to go through.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You have to do some sanding on the 2 bushings that you put in for the lever and the bolt to go through.
Do you happen to have a picture of the bushings your speaking of? I just purchased the same levers!

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
ASV takes returns at times then rebuilds ..maybe its possible wrong aplication due to asv repackage etc .. ???
..if it is a refurbished or rebuilt lever like from ebay etc

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
No I do not have pics of those, I just had to do it to mine on install. And then remove them afterwards and do some more so it would stop hangin up my front brake lever.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I don't know if anyone uses ASV F3 Levers, I just got a set of F3s and new Tag bars for my brother's "R", and the brake lever appears to be mis-manufactured...it is extremely difficult to install, and when I get it installed, it is engaging the brake. I got a very cheesy set of instructions for installation, and could use some guidance, may need to reach out to ASV to get some direction here...any help greatly appreciated as always! :)
On an ATC250R or TRX250R? Should work good on the TRX models, needs machining for the ATC250R models. If you have the ATC250R Break assembly on a TRX250R, same deal...

Carlos

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is on the '89 TRX250R I'm doing for my brother. I just got them in brand new as a "Holiday Pro Pack", the Pro Perch Clutch is dreamy, went on and works well, just like on both the bikes my son and I have. but the brake lever seems wrong-you have to actually push the plunger in a little to line up the hole for the pivot bolt to line up with, wondering if the part is wrong, or if this master cylinder assembly is the wrong one or something. God knows the brake line from it looks wrong, way longer than it needs to be, and wrapped with metal coiling- not at all like the diagram in the service man. shows. The master cyl. looks right, and the Moose ms cover I got for it fits properly...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I "dry fit" the part with the pivot bolt, it works well, but I am using the cylindrical bushing marked as "Kawasaki/Suzuki" on the packaging. It fills the difference between the smaller diameter of the pivot bolt, and the large hole in the part. I am really wondering if the master cyl. may be all wrong. It looks right, but the brake line is way long, and has a metal coil over it. This may be a Suzuki part or something - really perplexing. Now I have to look at the master cyl/brake line as possibly wrong...SHEEESH! lol

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Yup, you may have a wrong item, or incorrectly machined ASV or the wrong break assembly. We use these all the time in TRX250R's without issues; sounds like you got a 'bad' one...

Carlos

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, just cut off the little "tang" at the end of the lever that sticks downward at the end, works like a charm! I don't know if this "universal fit" has that piece for another quad? Anyway, I cut it off, and it now fits perfectly, the master cyl. is the right one for sure, but the front brake line is def. wrong though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was looking at the choice of bushings, and chose the one for Kawi/Suzuki, then when you said 2 bushings, I looked at it more closely, and saw that I def. needed the 2 washer-bushings-thanks for making me think! ;) I noticed the pivot bolt fir nice and snug, but the perch fit was sloppy top to bottom there was too much room. Definately glad you said that-God knows what I would have tried next LOL...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts