Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_0028.JPG i thank fully have changed the seat cover since this picture. but does anyone know if these are just hacked up OEM plastics or aftermarket. the hood is blue with a carbon fiber tape on it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looks like cut 88 oem plastic & an oem 86-87 hood. One thing that looks off though is the lack of openings in the bottom of the scallops on the sides of the front fenders but that might just be the angle of the pic making them look closed in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can take pictures tomorrow because i thought the same thing but the cut looks to either professionaly cut or just molded that way. but they need replaced anyhow but i was just wondering

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah ive seen those before and theyre not that bad of a drive but i just dont have the 600 bucks to buy them because of a 1500 dollar engine rebuild. and im also hoping to find a pair of fullbores. for chep once the rebuild is done and im in the position to buy them. but thank you for looking. but i will take more pictures once i get home. because i like the look of them and if they are made that way then i would like to be able to find another pair some day.

·
Registered
12,780 Posts
yeah ive seen those before and theyre not that bad of a drive but i just dont have the 600 bucks to buy them because of a 1500 dollar engine rebuild. and im also hoping to find a pair of fullbores. for chep once the rebuild is done and im in the position to buy them. but thank you for looking. but i will take more pictures once i get home. because i like the look of them and if they are made that way then i would like to be able to find another pair some day.
"because of a 1500 engine rebuild"...according to your own post "is only doing the bore and putting the motor together"...that's it, really?

$1500 (IMO) is an outrageously high price for just a bore & putting a 250R together; then again I don't ride in Oregon and wouldn't know. LOL

Carlos

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
its LED doing it and its boring the cylinder new piston, new crank, all new bearings, a complete hinson cr125 clutch, a entire gasket kit, and repairing the cases. and possibly reeds, race gas, and exhaust. and then putting it back together. i just summarized it by saying boring and putting it all back to gether. but sorry should have specified that i was putting a lot of new parts in it. but then again is it your job to tell every one that they are dumb idiots for making it simpler and shorter. because who in their right ming would pay someone 1500 just to do 180 dollar of work.

·
Registered
286 Posts
more than bore n together. lol

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looking at the pic of your plastic again I just realized I saw your R on Craigslist not to long ago. Seems like the guy selling it had 2 R's for sale. Did he still have the other one when you got yours?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking at the pic of your plastic again I just realized I saw your R on Craigslist not to long ago. Seems like the guy selling it had 2 R's for sale. Did he still have the other one when you got yours?
he had a banshee and then this one. but he was charging an insane amount for the banshee. and after meeting him even if you thought the banshee was a good deal after meeting him you wouldent think so. he didnt know anything about them. he didnt even know what ct was or what bore was on the 250 but he was charging 2200 originally and we just said 1500 he didnt even think about it and he agreed to selling it to us for 1500 dollars. but i didnt know about him having another 250r. when i bought it there was another 250r more up by mt.hood that was a flat tracker that didnt run and it waas something about the cdi box and he wanted like 2100 dollars for it. but i just took some more pictures and just waiting for my stupid iphone4 to send them to my computer

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yep those are race cut OEM 88 fenders & an OEM 86 or 87 hood. Someone took their time to do it right & sanded the cut edges to make them look cleaner. Hold onto that plastic if there not to far gone & all cracked up. Also if you want to put that much time into them they can be polished, especially the red. I've done 3 tanks (2 red, 1 blue), 2 smooth hoods (1 red, 1 blue)I & 1 set of 86 white mostly full front fenders & I can say it's very labor intensive but worth the effort.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
these were polished it took me 3 hours to do the front fenders because of all the crevasse. it just dosent show up on my crappy phone.

thank you

·
Registered
84 Posts
"Race" or "Dune" cut fenders are pretty common.Mine are similar to yours but I cut the points off that are still on yours. Basically run a straight line along the leading edge where the fenders leave the hood & go out & that's where I cut mine & than I left most of that kick up section like yours have. People cut them in many different ways both front & rear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts