6.HINSON CLUTCH
7.HINSON SIDE COVER WITH THE HINSON QUICK CONNECT
8.ESR IGNITION
9.NEW MAIR PLASTIC WITH HIGH FLOW SCOOP
10. BOYSEN REEDS
11.NEW MOOSE HANDLE BARS
12.HIGH FLOW IMPELER
13.ESR STEERING STEM BUSHING

Here is what I'm looking to do....... I want to somehow incorporate back in the airbox wether it means open top or open top with holes too. I basically just want a little more reassurance on not sucking any crap or water. Second is this machine is bored out 50 over basically making it a 380r. I run 112 octane with klotz and she rips! She is jetted for 70 degrees and the ftz race pipe, I want to install a Bills pipe I have. Any suggestions on jetting and air box set up with the Bill's pipe? Also I'm in NY & snow is coming...... Any ideas on jetting for the cold weather taking in account what is done already. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading & your time!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Well since you are switching to an airbox you will prob get a little less airflow which would mean to go smaller on jets, BUT with winter coming on and cold temps you will need to jet richer because of the colder more dense air. Switch your stuff out and put some bigger jets in it just to be safe then just figure out how fat/lean your jetting is and go from there. Take your time and be patient and you will get there eventually. Remember that rich is safe and its a lot cheaper to replace fouled spark plugs than a seized top end due to it being to lean.

·
Banned
1,209 Posts
also a 330 kit on its last bore is a true 330 310 kits on the last bore are really only 295's unless you have a stroker crank.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies! I just bought this machine Friday, i bought it from a guy who got it from his friend who raced flat track. I emailed the guy today with some questions & he is going to ask his friend cuz he's not exactly sure on what the porting style was, yes its stroked but not sure what the stroke is and who built the engine. Ima pull the carb & check the jetting and I will get back to y'all with the info that I get. (sorry bout the 380r comment, I know I sounded ignorant... That's what the guy said & I rolled with it....I'll figure out exactly what I got soon enough...the name 250r & her condition spoke for itself & I had to buy it :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.