Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at first i thought my son's 330 leaned out and siezed.i just got it apart and now it look's like the rod bearring went out on it.the rod deff. got hot!i'm not sure why because it was tight acouple of week's ago when i had it apart.

the second pic. is the rod when i checked it out.the side shim's were great.now the one side is GONE!!

this really suck's because he loved the power of the bb.look's like it's back to the old motor.BOOOOOOOOO!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah.i wonder why the crank went though?i was really hopeing to get the season out of this motor"i guess i was wrong LOL".the good thing is he wasn't mad.last week the wire going to the coil came un plugged.he was mad as hell.that was an easy fix but "it was still my falt".this time he knew there wasn't anything i could have done and he know's how much money it's going to cost so he was REAL nice about it.

now the only thing he isn't happy with is he can't make the inside tripple with the old motor.

·
Registered
989 Posts
yeah.i wonder why the crank went though?i was really hopeing to get the season out of this motor"i guess i was wrong LOL".the good thing is he wasn't mad.last week the wire going to the coil came un plugged.he was mad as hell.that was an easy fix but "it was still my falt".this time he knew there wasn't anything i could have done and he know's how much money it's going to cost so he was REAL nice about it.

now the only thing he isn't happy with is he can't make the inside tripple with the old motor.
lol ya but im sure he still thinks its your fault... your supposed to know every thing and be able to predict everything ...mines the same way... my son in the past would blame me when he crashed...lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
Same situation happened to my "backup" Banshee in Lil Sahara, blew out a thrust washer(crank rod spacer?) blew out the lower wrist bearing and made my piston/crank look just like yours. Now looking to having the motor rebuilt. Looking into Redline. Heard he is great with Banshee motors.

I hate to see your boy loose the rest of the race season. He was improving so much. Back to the old motor is gonna kill him, but better than nothing.
Good luck!

·
Registered
12,780 Posts
This is the engine you just purchased for your son correct? As you well know, when purchasing a used engine or cylinder kit, you really never know what you are getting. Could have been the bottom end was bad already, or the top end was and was stressing to crankshaft....

I responded to your PM, let me know how we can help....

Carlos

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OH YEAH!!! for question 1-3.help's me at work when i need it,never wake's up late for school,never get's in trouble in school,clean's his room without asking,etc.i have no complant's AT ALL!!that's the only reason that i'm going in dept to keep him going....Now is he a teenager?Yes,does he give me greef sometime's?YEP.does he go to football practice everyday at 7am all year long?yep.i have it good,and enjoy every minute of it!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a couple of questions,, is your son a good kid? does he get good grades in school? and does he go to school regularly without having to push him out the door? 3 simple answers please......

·
Registered
898 Posts
OK,,,, HERE IS MY CHALLENGE TO ALL MEMBERS AND CARLOS!!! I WILL PAYPAL $20 TO CARLOS AS A GIFT TO HELP GET THE BIGBORE UP AND RUNNING AGAIN.. WE never hear about the good kids anymore and its time to do something about it,,, so my money is where my mouth is!!! SO ALL MEMBERS ON HERE STAND UP FOR THIS KID AND SHOW SOME LOVE TO THE 250R COMMUNITY!!!!! I am sure carlos will rebuild the crank and set you up with what is needed and as a sponsor .......... WELL WHAT DO YOU THINK GUYS??????? AM I ALONE ON THIS??????

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i gave him an option.run the 300ex,put the old motor back in,or run my quad.he said he didn't want to run the old motor he would rather wait.so i decided to give him another option.let's swap everything from your quad and race it next saturday with my motor.well.......we got alot done and hopefully by tomorrow we will be done.he want's to race but we didn't get far enough tonight.atleast he will have a clean,unscratched frame by the time we are done.LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^^man thank's alot for the offer.i really app.it.i decided to just send bdt his 330-and his old motor...i can't tell you how much the offer mean's to me though!!!if you ever need anything,just let me know!!

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
believe it or not,i am crying!!!!i'm 40 year's old and have nothing to be ashamed of......but that really mean's alot.....i'm sure there is someone out there that need's it more than me............THANK'S ALOT!!!YOU JUST MADE MY DAY,WEEK,YEAR!!!!!
OK,,,, HERE IS MY CHALLENGE TO ALL MEMBERS AND CARLOS!!! I WILL PAYPAL $20 TO CARLOS AS A GIFT TO HELP GET THE BIGBORE UP AND RUNNING AGAIN.. WE never hear about the good kids anymore and its time to do something about it,,, so my money is where my mouth is!!! SO ALL MEMBERS ON HERE STAND UP FOR THIS KID AND SHOW SOME LOVE TO THE 250R COMMUNITY!!!!! I am sure carlos will rebuild the crank and set you up with what is needed and as a sponsor .......... WELL WHAT DO YOU THINK GUYS??????? AM I ALONE ON THIS??????

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'd love to help in any way possible! I don't have any extra parts it spare but I do have some spare cash to donate. It's not about the money here, it's about us coming together to help out a fellow member...it's awesome to see kids that are keeping the 250R's on the track!!

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^^thank's alot...all of these kind word's and thought's really mean alot to me and my family.i can't tell you how much it mean's to us.

as much as i appreciate all the offer's,i wouldn't feel right to accept any money from any of the awsome member's here.the words,encouragement
and support you all have given me and my family is more than i could ever ask for!!thank's for making my day!!!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts