Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to get new a arms and shocks for my 250r, but initially wanted Roll, I’m now reading that you need 400ex spindles to make them work, that will lead to more parts swapping and so on.

JD arms are another option, can’t even get in touch with them, but do you know if they will work with stock 250r spindles?

I wasnt prepared to swap over a bunch of parts and this is all pretty new to me.
Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
250r and 400ex a arms are the same except you have to add a few washers to fit the frame.so you dont have to use 400ex anything if you dont want to.now if you want to run 450r stuff"not as good as 250r"you can have the upper arms made to work with the 04-05 450 stuff.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m trying to avoid swapping anything. Hoping to make work with all the current 250r parts.
Just reading the spindles may be an issue with Roll stuff

·
Registered
337 Posts
For the money I would personally get JD arms than like you said you don't need to swap any other parts except maybe longer brake lines. Plus the JD arms are very well made just like the Roll arms... For those that don't know the guy that started JD is the same guy that used to make the a-arms for Laeger.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the money I would personally get JD arms than like you said you don't need to swap any other parts except maybe longer brake lines. Plus the JD arms are very well made just like the Roll arms... For those that don't know the guy that started JD is the same guy that used to make the a-arms for Laeger.
I was going to go the JD route from the beginning, however I have about 10 emails and 20 plus phone messages in to them with nothing back.
I’m sure everyone is busy, I don’t want to go swapping everything to make it work.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Roll A-arms are nice, but pretty pricey for NO perceived benefit in just adding width. You can try Mike at HRE - HREATV.com. He does quality work and does different custom options and is reasonably priced.

Depending on budget and if they are available, Laeger's hold their value pretty good as well and don't need any mods. Could try Walsh too, if you have the budget.

JD performance are good, but I've heard he works full time at a job and does atv stuff on the side, so you may have to wait to get ahold of him.

The ideal setup for Roll Design is to have 400ex spindles with 2008 style YFZ450 brakes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Roll A-arms are nice, but pretty pricey for NO perceived benefit in just adding width. You can try Mike at HRE - HREATV.com. He does quality work and does different custom options and is reasonably priced.

Depending on budget and if they are available, Laeger's hold their value pretty good as well and don't need any mods. Could try Walsh too, if you have the budget.

JD performance are good, but I've heard he works full time at a job and does atv stuff on the side, so you may have to wait to get ahold of him.

The ideal setup for Roll Design is to have 400ex spindles with 2008 style YFZ450 brakes.
I’ll have to look at some other options. Roll and Walsh are pricey, and I have the budget to do it, just didn’t really want to go on a parts hunt, but may ultimately go that direction.
I haven’t looked into HRE, and think I would have to notch the frame a bit for the zerks on the Leagers.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
You shouldn't have to notch the frame with Laeger's if you have the right zerks. Your big issue besides price is availability. I forgot about https://www.isfracing.com/. He builds quality too at a good price, but sometimes is backed up a while. I would give Mike @ HRE a chance, especially if he can get them to you in a decent time. He can do max ground clearance or Long travel as well.

What year spindles and knuckles do you have now? If you have 86/87 - you might want to upgrade, if you have 89, they will work on the 400ex spindle so you won't have to hunt those down. Good luck.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You shouldn't have to notch the frame with Laeger's if you have the right zerks. Your big issue besides price is availability. I forgot about https://www.isfracing.com/. He builds quality too at a good price, but sometimes is backed up a while. I would give Mike @ HRE a chance, especially if he can get them to you in a decent time. He can do max ground clearance or Long travel as well.

What year spindles and knuckles do you have now? If you have 86/87 - you might want to upgrade, if you have 89, they will work on the 400ex spindle so you won't have to hunt those down. Good luck.
Stock 86 spindles and knuckles. You’re correct about availability, the few places I can get in touch with, put lead time out 8-10 weeks.
Some places I can’t even get a hold of

1 - 15 of 15 Posts