Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new,my name is tug.I have an 89 250r that I have had stored away.I've pulled it out recently to freshin it up.My brother and I took turns riding it when our parents purchased it late in 89,we had a great time.When I was able to get a job I did purchase a pipe and silencer,and we left it bone stock other than that.We got older and now my kids are older and gone,I'm 42,I want to ride it again.My issue is the camber caster,which is fixed and non adjustable.I purchased a used lower a arm,and thought for sure that and the new wheel bearings would correct the issue,and it didnt.Then I noticed there's a significant difference between the tip of the upper ball joint to the rim, from the straight side to the side thats not straight.I'm including pitures,please try to concentrate on the knuckles and how they seat and the distance between the upper ball joint to the rim,bare with me,I'm new,and a bit confused and irritated.Is it the knuckle,upper aarm,or is that spindle just not seated flush,or is it the frame?I also noticed the upper ball joint on the strait side is more vertical than the bent side.I've loosened the fenders,try to ignore those.Any help would be great.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
you got a lower off of a 86-87 most likely not a 88-89.i'm 90% positive they are different...how is the side with the stock arm?did you have to put any spacers in the arms where they bolt to the frame?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Sounds like bent spindle, common.. Well guess if took hit
Didnt think was size difference in lower arms 86/7 88/9, just 86/7 top arms have replaceable balljoints and are able to adjust them. which pretty sure can use those tops on 88/9 bottoms and not have issue
Have couple front ends so if need arm or spindle I have it..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I purchased a used set of a-arms,in good to great condition.Before going crazy,I replaced the left side lower a-arm.(Brake side)It is an 88/89,followed by new wheel bearings.There is currently an 89 for sale on ebay,his right side is kicked out on the shift side,looking at the front.I switched front tires,no change.Looking at my pic of the front,the side I worked on is the brake side,left side.I also replaced the boot on the ball joint (easily identifiable).I thought of the spindle,but it looks solid like a boat anchor,can that chunk of cold steel really bend?I will tear the front down,and see what it is im missing.I can't ever remember either one of us having any accidents on that thing.It's not something you forget,aside from being in a coma.Something is bent,at first I thought it was me,but you can see the gap differences i pointed out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess that's all the help I'm gonna get.Thank you to the 2 members who did chime in.I must be in the wrong forum,everything is about aftermarket it appears.I apologize for wasting your time.Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Yes that spindle will bend.
Let my buddy take bike for ride(which never do) he did hill climb steep on top popped him little sideways so landed weird. Watched it happen wasn't bad. He rode back over and sure enough tire was /, changed spindle and straight. I've replaced several before too, it definitely happens. Pics are hard to see... Forum been real slow lately but I don't mind helping out anytime. Been through 100's of R's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts