Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

I've decided to sell my 1989 250R. This is pretty much a time capsule. Only mods are pipe, reeds, bars, plastic.(You can see it still has original tires)

It has been stored in a climate controlled shop since I left for the Marine Corps 23 years ago. It has been run and driven around every 6 mos during that time to keep things "moving". Starts on the first kick just like the day we bought it.

I have in my possession all of the stock components as well.

I know everyone values these things differently, it is priceless to me, but I have a growing family and would like to see this machine go where it will be appreciated as much as I have. Located in Central Wisconsin.

I will consider reasonable offers.

,Jase

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's your starting price? How far from Wausau?
I've seen prices all over the board for unmolested R's like mine...let's start at $10K OBO. I'm guessing there's room to work with then. I honestly haven't had time to research it's exact value, I just know its value is subjective because of what it is, a "barn-find" 250R.

I'm only 25min from Wausau.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
$10,000 would be all oem mint.it's nice but doesnt have white fenders,healquards,a arms repainted,missing stuff.it's a nice rider and i would say maybe $6500 to the right person but less imo because of the wrong missing parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$10,000 would be all oem mint.it's nice but doesnt have white fenders,healquards,a arms repainted,missing stuff.it's a nice rider and i would say maybe $6500 to the right person but less imo because of the wrong missing parts.
Thanks for sharing, I'm learning as I go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Folks,

I've decided to sell my 1989 250R. This is pretty much a time capsule. Only mods are pipe, reeds, bars, plastic.(You can see it still has original tires)

It has been stored in a climate controlled shop since I left for the Marine Corps 23 years ago. It has been run and driven around every 6 mos during that time to keep things "moving". Starts on the first kick just like the day we bought it.

I have in my possession all of the stock components as well.

I know everyone values these things differently, it is priceless to me, but I have a growing family and would like to see this machine go where it will be appreciated as much as I have. Located in Central Wisconsin.

I will consider reasonable offers.

,Jase
Thank you for your service.
Are you sure it is an 89 and not an 88? If it's 89 it is worth more because they only made about half as many. If you have the original plastic with the stickers it's worth more. It is beautiful and you should get around 8 for it. If it was all original 10 would be about right for an 89

·
Registered
367 Posts
Are you sure it is an 89 and not an 88? If it's 89 it is worth more because they only made about half as many. If you have the original plastic with the stickers it's worth more. It is beautiful and you should get around 8 for it. If it was all original 10 would be about right for an 89
If you look closely at the side shots of the R you can see the mounting points for the heel guards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

SOLD.

She's an 89 wearing OEM 88 plastic. Parted ways with her this AM. Sad day...on to new adventures with my two boys...maybe build matching Rs for them one day.

Thanks to everyone here keeping the legend alive! This a great community.

Jase

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
The plastics looked really nice on it, but it's hard to price other peoples stuff. 10K seemed too high - but anymore prices are out of left field, so what did you end up taking?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts