Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mostly original 88 Honda 250r. Original plastics which are just about perfect. The quad was stripped and powder coated. The engine was rebuilt and has 2 hrs on it. It fires up 1st kick and runs great. Everything was rebuilt, cleaned up or replaced. It has chrome +4 eyeball engineering a arms and a dura blue axle. New brakes, tires, chain and chain guide. Rebuilt original rear shock. I also have the original axle, a arms which are all painted. This is the cleanest 250r I have seen. This has seen very little use and stored in my garage for years.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
It's hard to price it. Depending on what part of the country you are in can make a difference, but based on what I can see - $5500-$6500. The big thing that will sell it is the plastics. Most clean stock machines seem to be $4500-$5500.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just curious, where are you located and what were you looking/hoping to get?
I’m located in Redding, Ca. As far as price, I’m not sure. I was hoping to get feedback on this site as to what a fair price would be. I was told by guys at the local shop I should ask 8k. Sounds like that is high from your feedback.

·
Registered
527 Posts
If you would have sold it a year or 2 ago you may have got 8k for it but the prices have come down on complete R's. I live in Oregon & a local Honda shop has an 89 their trying to sell for 11k but it won't sell unless its to a moron that has more money than brains. Don't take advice from a shop unless they deal exclusively in 250R's otherwise they really have no clue what there worth.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought one like it for 6k titled, it was a 1989. I live in Oregon. I was moving and someone stole it along with the trailer and I am devastated. I really want another one. I went riding all the time. I loved it. I would like a stock one that hasn’t been raced and ruined. I would have it shipped here or I can drive there and pick it up. Please call me. This is a serious cash offer- 503-504-0369 Lisa

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought one like it for 6k titled, it was a 1989. I live in Oregon. I was moving and someone stole it along with the trailer and I am devastated. I really want another one. I went riding all the time. I loved it. I would like a stock one that hasn’t been raced and ruined. I would have it shipped here or I can drive there and pick it up. Please call me. This is a serious cash offer- 503-504-0369 Lisa
Thank you for your interest Lisa. I just registered it this week and the title should be here in two weeks according to dmv. Everything on this bike is brand new including a rebuild on the engine and rear shock. I’m not quite ready to let it go for 6k though. This was in my family for years and hardly ridden except on our property. This quad is literally new and has the nicest stock plastics around. Feel free to call me if you have any questions. 530-356-6934. Thanks Ryan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts