Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rebuilding my clutch and have OEM plates, fibers, and CR500 springs. When I took my cover off (just the cover at this point) I had a thrust washer fall to the bottom of the case. Any idea where that could be coming from? I believe there is one behind the basket but that is prior to doing anything but pulling the case cover off.
Also - after having it off I noticed my basket is chewed up. Does any of the aftermarket baskets work with the oem clutch lifter as well? Or do I have to upgrade that as well?
Any other recommendations why it is open is appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
When you say just the cover, you mean the clutch cover only, or the pressure plate as well. The only thrust washer or washer that can fall off is when removing the clutch cover only is the washer on the kick started shaft.

Carlos

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the clutch cover. A washer fell after removing the external clutch cover only. After looking at the diagram it didn't show a washer on the outside of the kick starter shaft.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
That's an 88/89 setup, one washer on the Shaft only about 1.25-1.5MM thick. Do you have picture of washer...

Carlos

1 - 4 of 4 Posts