Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 250r. On my last trip out to the off-road park, when I went to change the spark plug the cap came off the ignition coil. It started right back up after I put the cap back on and put the new plug in, but after talking to some friends I decided to order a new ignition coil. Since I have pulled it off to look at the part # I have had nothing but issues getting it started back up. I believe the issue might now be on the connectors from the wire harness. I will do some checking here in a bit, but in the mean-time I was looking at ordering wire harnesses and ignition coil. I already ordered one coil, but when it came in it didn't seat on the spark plug. The wire harness side fit fine, but it would not seat on the NGK BR9ES plug. I have been looking around and emailed several sellers but all seem to say they don't carry that coil. Has anyone been able to find one somewhere or have another workaround that might help?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Some spark plug boots are made to work with the terminal on top of the plug & some are made to work with the terminal removed. If your plug has the terminal on it currently, take it off & see if the boot goes on all the way...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That worked to get the new coil hooked up to the spark plug but still no spark from either coil. I got it to start the other day and haven't ridden it since then, but since I pulled the connector the last time haven't been able to get any spark. I have found a wire harness on ebay that I am almost positive will fit this. The wire harness connectors are looking pretty beat up before I started all this anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have wire harness and ignition coil if need
Awesome. The ignition coil I believe is ok. With the other advice I was able to get it to connect, but I haven't been able to get spark on it since I installed it the first time (even when I switch back to the original coil), so I'm really starting to think I damaged the wire harness connectors. Having trouble finding one online, what would you want for it? Can email me at [email protected] directly to keep personal information off forum if you'd prefer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts