Honda TRX250R Forums banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 · (Edited)
As you all know, these builds are never really finished. And as done as this one may look, it wasn't done right.

I really only have the initial heat cycles and about 1-hr of ride time on the engine from the one and only ride that I've gone on. Unfortunately, during that first ride I noticed some excessive vibrations beyond the lower RPM range - to the point where I lost a couple of fender bolts. Shortly after that initial ride winter came and the R has been parked in the garage and hasn't been touched since.

I've finally gotten around to investigating the vibration issue - does this look right to you?😠

Yet another problem with the complete engine that I purchased and setback for the overall build. The previous engine builder/assembler clearly had no idea what they were doing, but it is what it is now - my problem. DBC Racing is completely going through the bottom end, inspecting everything and re-assembling it correctly to ensure there are no future issues. The OEM clutch basket was quite worn, so that's being replaced with a forged Wiseco while its all apart. Fortunately, everything else looks to be in really good shape so far.

Onto the good news - my Selvy/KR pipe finally arrived, which will be installed when I get my engine back from DBC Racing😎

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I’m now realizing I never really gave a final conclusion to my build story.

DBC Racing once again worked their magic and got the engine back together and in tip-top shape - no more vibrations. I added a different stator cover, an ESR quick change, and the Selvy pipe when I put it back together as well.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Camera lens Automotive design

Automotive tire Hood Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Vehicle

Tire Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motorcycle

It’s been a blast to ride, both in the trails and at the dunes. I couldn’t be happier with the final outcome.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle Sky

The cemetery that my Dad was laid to rest is close enough to ride to from my parent’s home. Perhaps a little strange to some, but I had to show him after it was all done because I know he would have loved it😊
Tire Sky Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel

Thank you all for following along and the positive comments throughout this journey. It’s been amazing experience and special way for me to remember my Dad.

Attachments

·
Registered
1986 250R
140 Posts
Great job.
I know that in the process of doing my rebuilt now, we put our blood, sweat, tears and hard work into, it really is therapy.
I know if I’m having a hard time with something, I hit the garage and just get so involved with building, it eases the stress.
Your dad would be proud of what you have done and accomplished with a really nice build, no reason not to show him.
I’m sure he would want to throw a leg over that R and get it sideways 😉

61 - 71 of 71 Posts