Honda TRX250R Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

Registered
Yep, had the same problem with the 86/87 gpi radiator. Project is looking great!

Reactions: bushwesl

Registered
looking good. Gonna look sick all done. I like that shade of red with the black swinger. Those shocks look beastly should handle nicely. 馃憤馃嵒

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
I ended up painting the front master cylinder cover and throttle cover matte black, then sanded off the paint on the Honda logo. I like this look much better than before.

Registered
That looks awesome! Great job bud.
Loren

Reactions: bushwesl

Registered
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
I made a little more progress this weekend. I'm waiting on a shipment from LSR to allow me to finish up the rear end and steering stem.

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
She looks great. Great choice in pegs.
Thanks! I've never ran them before, but I've only heard good things. They're rock solid, super well made, and reasonably priced. WMD was awesome to deal with and they shipped immediately. I'd highly recommend them.

Registered
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Thanks, everyone! This has been a ton of fun. And I think it's also a bit of a coping mechanism, too. Ha.

Registered
Discussion Starter #32
I'm trying to decide if I should put the AC Racing nerf bars on that I picked up for it.

If I do, should I go with black or red nets?馃

Registered
Agreed, it is a cleaner look, but in my opinion I like nerfs... However... I've had enough mishaps in riding to really appreciate a good set of Nerf bars and good nets.

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
I've always had nerfs on all of my machines, so I felt like I had to get some for this build, too. Although, I've never had these badass WMD pegs before.

I think I'll try it without the nerfs first and see how it goes. I can always add them down the road.

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
My order from LSR finally came in, allowing me to finish up my axle/rear end. I was originally planning on getting some OMF reinforced ring aluminum wheels (similar to ITP Baja wheels, which I found out that ITP has discontinued all of their spun aluminum wheels:(), but I stumbled across a full set of like new Hipers for a steal on eBay that I couldn鈥檛 pass up.

And just like that, it鈥檚 a roller!

Registered
I heard lsr wasn鈥檛 making parts in the us right now just Canada. Is that what took so long? Also they didn鈥檛 do there big 4th July sale this year. Bummer about ITP wheels I have a set of Bajas on my raptor I better be nice to em. Also is it me or are rear tires getting narrower I have some 20x11x9s and 10s that only measure 9.5ish. My older razrs and itps are almost true 11. Anyways quad is looking awesome. Looking forward to the end result. 馃嵒馃嵒

Registered
Discussion Starter #38
I heard lsr wasn鈥檛 making parts in the us right now just Canada. Is that what took so long? Also they didn鈥檛 do there big 4th July sale this year. Bummer about ITP wheels I have a set of Bajas on my raptor I better be nice to em. Also is it me or are rear tires getting narrower I have some 20x11x9s and 10s that only measure 9.5ish. My older razrs and itps are almost true 11. Anyways quad is looking awesome. Looking forward to the end result. 馃嵒馃嵒
Thanks! Not sure about LSR... these parts shipped from their AZ facility. They mentioned that they were backed up/slow due to COVID. I鈥檒l have to measure the width of my tires and get back to you. I believe they鈥檙e 20x10x9.

Registered
Discussion Starter #39
Also is it me or are rear tires getting narrower I have some 20x11x9s and 10s that only measure 9.5ish. My older razrs and itps are almost true 11.
I鈥檒l have to measure the width of my tires and get back to you. I believe they鈥檙e 20x10x9.
Super delayed reply... Confirmed - the ITP GNCC's are a true 10" wide. They do look a bit narrow in the pictures, maybe because they're more rounded than the typical flatter faced Holeshots, Razrs, etc.

Registered
Discussion Starter #40
It's been a while since I've provided an update. I've definitely made some progress, but at the same time I feel like it's been one step forward, two steps back. I've also been waiting on a lot of parts to show up.

I picked up an IMS 4 gallon tank, but after getting it there was no way the stock length stem was going to work, unfortunately. I now have a +1/+1 stem on the way that should solve my problems, but I haven't been able to finish up my front end, bars, or brakes because of it.

My order from Fourwerx came in (except the tank cover) and so did my graphics from DDr Slapp! Here's some pics of everything "mocked" up. Note that I need to do more polishing on the plastics before I install the graphics. Slowly, but surely, everything is coming together ;)

21 - 40 of 47 Posts