Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there is a better place to post this let me know.

I got this quad back in spring and just got to troubleshooting it. When I bought it the head was off and it had been sitting for a couple years the guy said. It's a 86 motor I believe with the spacer plate bored to I think 68. I don't remember what piston I bought for it. I don't think it had porting but not sure. I got a fmf pipe (the mid range one) because the ct pipe it came with was missing the header. It's got a yamaha throttle on it. Pj carb. Stock air box no lid. I put it all together and it is running and driving with some issues.

1. The clutch was completely stuck but after a few rides it has unstuck itself but will still stall when I come to a complete stop with no throttle. It now rolls in gear with the clutch in not running

2. It had a 170 main and a 48 pilot which seemed a little rich but then it just completely started bogging so I put in a 165 and a 45 which didn't change things because the ground for the cdi was not hooked up. Once I hooked it up it ran better obviously and I think it was better than the other jets. Was able to get it through all 6 gears with about half throttle or a little more. Still taking it easy on it. I don't know where to start on the jetting, the plug is brown on the ceramic and grey to black from the tip of the strap. I jetted it on a 85 degree day and didn't want to start today on a 65 degree day but seem to run a little bit better. I have no idea on the needle or how to identify it, it's in the 3rd position

3. Can't get a good idle out of it and I think that more due to the throttle. Any thoughts? Sounds like a snowmobile almost not a ping......ping.......ping...... Could be the silencer I don't know.

4. Just noticed today that the rear brake moves forward and back when I roll it and the axle gets tight then easy then tight. I have a video if needed

im not racing it. I also don't have much experience with these other then a 95 cr125 I had three or four years ago that was more of a basket case. I could and have been riding it the way it is but I want to get it more dialed. Im pretty sure the previous people raced it possibly for a dealership. I've looked up on these forums alot of the problems I've had but just need more advice for my personal unit.
Also im on mobile so format might be weird.
TTACH]

some pictures for reference

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Put the 48 back in and try that. Did it start right up with choke? Always change one thing at time while jetting. I’d say the throttle is fine as long it opens and closes slide all the way. Make sure brake stay has the bolt and bushing installed properly.

·
Registered
43 Posts
#2-Sounds like you have an issue with your transmission or your clutch. What do you mean by, "the clutch was stuck"?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts