Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m nearing the end of my 310r build and am now on the hunt for new clutch/ front brake levers now I would like to use ASV levers but on their site it says
87-89 any idea if it will work on an 86 front master if not why

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thank you for finding that makes me wonder if the ASV F4 series would work that’s what I would really like

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would think they would but i've never used anything but stock levers so I can't say for sure. One thing I do know is a different part number is shown for an 86 front master cylinder rebuild kit than the 87-89 rebuild kit. The 86 specific kit costs almost twice as much to. When I rebuilt the front mc's on both my 86's I got the rebuild kit for the 87-89 & they had the exact same internals as my 86 mc's.

·
Registered
12,784 Posts
Hey guys I’m nearing the end of my 310r build and am now on the hunt for new clutch/ front brake levers now I would like to use ASV levers but on their site it says
87-89 any idea if it will work on an 86 front master if not why
And the answer is: Yes & No...don't believe what some say on eBay, or for that matter most of the Internet. Lot of folks post without really knowing.

If it's a TRX250R 86-89 (Yes also 86), then YES

If it's a ATC250R 85 or 86, then NO

The ATC250R 85 or 86 uses a different MC (Master Cylinder) Body & Setup than the TRX250R 86-89. The ASV will NOT fit or function into the ATC250R version, Only the TRX250R's.

If you are a good machinist, or know one, they can machine the ATC250R Master Cylinder like the TRX250R MC, then all is good. Also you can swap the ATC250R MC for a TRX250R MC.

I would tell you can send it to BDT Motorsports, and we will do all the Machining & Work if it's for an ATC250R...however; if I say that I will be accused of advertising; so ignore the last line of my post.

Carlos

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Carlos I have a 86 trx 250R so if I am understanding you right a ASV F4 series will fit on my trx 86 MC?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts