Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a new set of plastics for the rear, as the previous oem ones, were cracked.
After swapping the parts over, which went smoothly and installing the new brackets they give you for the fender supports, nothing seems to be sitting or locking in.
There is a pretty large gap, between the seat and the new plastics, and I’m experiencing a teetering effect with them. The seat latch/posts, won’t go down far enough and the latch won’t lock.
Any ideas? Tried with and without the small rectangular grommets as well.
I’ll try and post a pic of the latch but I’m on an iPhone atm. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,363 Posts
I think you need the grommets in the frame. The oem lever should sit in the upper latch. Here is mine, with maier rear fender.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, they definitely weren’t there. I’ll have to order some up if they’re available.
Hopefully that’s the issue, good catch!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You need #6 on the fiche: Honda ATV 1986 OEM Parts Diagram for REAR FENDER | Partzilla.com

Also 86-87 are different than 88-89, 86-87 are shorter. Be sure to put the rectangular rubber pads back in because without them the seat pan gets more stress put on it.
Just found some thank you. I did remove the small pads the first time because they were the main teetering culprit, but now understanding what was missing, I’ll put them back on.
Thanks guys for the assistance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts