Honda TRX250R Forums banner

77mm R stroker crank

3K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  blasterman88 
#1 ·
250R 77mm (+5) OEM stroker crank done by ESR. Needs a new rod. Very low hours on this crank, it was brand new OEM purchased and stroked by ESR. Has surface rust from sitting around. Threads are perfect.

$75 OBO ($400 new)

See less See more
#2 ·
i am really interested but what else has to be done to run the stroker crank if using with stock cylinder and head and what rod does it use?

#3 ·
i am really interested but what else has to be done to run the stroker crank if using with stock cylinder and head and what rod does it use?
It uses a 250R long rod (OEM or Hot Rods) 88-89 style.

Also need to run a cylinder spacer to bring the cylinder up. ESR sells them. (If you have a Pro-x cylinder I have one).

If using a stock head, you might need it cut, depending on squish, etc. ESR sells cool heads w/ cut domes for both OEM and Pro-X if you are running a cool head or want to buy one.

Teddy

#4 ·
i am running a long rod with a 86 piston now so i have a 5mm spacer but what style piston does it use.

matt

#6 ·
what i was looking to do if i decide to get it, rebuild the crank then swap it with my crank now and run it like this until i can save some money for a big bore cylinder or big bore sleeve. if it is a 86 style piston i can run my ported cylinder. if it is a 87-89 style piston i will have to run my stock cylinder. i am not to sure when i will get the big bore because i am in college and going to be taking 20 credits and in class from 8-8 m-f :eek:

#7 ·
what i was looking to do if i decide to get it, rebuild the crank then swap it with my crank now and run it like this until i can save some money for a big bore cylinder or big bore sleeve. if it is a 86 style piston i can run my ported cylinder. if it is a 87-89 style piston i will have to run my stock cylinder. i am not to sure when i will get the big bore because i am in college and going to be taking 20 credits and in class from 8-8 m-f :eek:
Depending on your port timing, I do not believe you will be able to run this crank with your ported cylinder. You can ask ESR, I am still not quite sure if you can use your 86 style piston or not. It all depends on how aggressive the porting is.

If I were you I wouldn't worry about getting a big bore cylinder right now, just build a nice motor using that stock cylinder. Have it ported and run it. In the future, if you wanted to add a 270 or bigger sleeve you could.

#13 ·
Still have it, shipped to your door. All you will need is a cylinder spacer to make it work, since you already have a LR cylinder.

ted how did that rod break pro x ? i heard bad things about hot rods i went with est 4mm pro x rod

#14 ·
Overrev contributed to this failure, other than that I don't know. That $100 +/- rod caused a lot of damage (took out my cases + cylinder=both were unable to be repaired) I have used Hot Rods and OEM and never had a failure. I guess its just the way it goes.

If you are building a stroker motor, I would probably recommend an OEM rod, JMO.

Going a different route now and don't need this crank anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.