Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently building a 4 mil stroker , it’s an oem cylinder 70mm . The cylinder is done and the head is o ringed so I’m gonna be running race gas . I am gathering parts to build it this winter . Currently running a BDT ported oem cylinder on race gas and it rips . I am currently running a esr 5 pipe and silencer . My question is will my esr pipe be ok with the 4 mil engine? I know there are benefits to having a good pipe built for your bike . I mainly ride in the woods in Ohio . Is the juice worth the squeeze for a 4 mil pipe ?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I know people who ran the trx5 on 363 cc engines. I also ran my trx5 on my Hybrid Engineering 310 and 391. It performs very well and I do not feel a hand built pipe from any builder is going to give you enough hp to justify the expense. Think of what you could buy with the money you saved!
How much hp and torque are really going to get? You would need to spend some time on the dyno with your new engine set up and the trx5, then with the hand built pipe.
$900 is far to much to pay for 1-2 hp over a trx5 in my opinion.
Loren

·
Registered
13,187 Posts
I am currently building a 4 mil stroker , it’s an oem cylinder 70mm . The cylinder is done and the head is o ringed so I’m gonna be running race gas . I am gathering parts to build it this winter . Currently running a BDT ported oem cylinder on race gas and it rips . I am currently running a esr 5 pipe and silencer . My question is will my esr pipe be ok with the 4 mil engine? I know there are benefits to having a good pipe built for your bike . I mainly ride in the woods in Ohio . Is the juice worth the squeeze for a 4 mil pipe ?
70MM...? Using a YZ250 Piston at 70MM?

I am asking since when using a YZ250 70MM piston with a Plus 4MM stroker, you can't get the correct port timing to match the +4MM, and you will end up with a lot of Sub port induction.

As far as the ESR pipe, I assume this is going in an ATC250R, the ATC5 is a good all around pipe, no issues with an OEM + 4MM stroker. The same would apply for the TRX5B.

I guess a guaranteed +3HP/+3lbs of TrQ is not enough of a gain for some, for others, specially racers it can be a BIG gain & difference between winning or loosing. :)

Carlos

·
Registered
369 Posts
Carlos, what are the conditions of your 3hp/3trq guarantee? Is that a gain over my current pipe? Is that on a stock cylinder? Is the gain guaranteed over the entire power curve? If the pipe fails to give my chosen engine the guaranteed hp/torque increase do I get the pipe for free? Let me know what the terms of the guarantee are as I am now interested in one of your pipes...
Loren

·
Registered
456 Posts
oh. going down. i will bet. bdt 4 the win.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,187 Posts
Not sure why every post gets jacked ? I’m leaning towards getting a new pipe and selling my esr , 3 hp 3 trq is good when your engine is in the mid 40s .
Yes it is; once you start making HP in the Mid 40's and TrQ in the Low 30's...every HP/TrQ get's much harder to gain. Plus 3HP/3TrQ is a Big Deal, hard earned power while maintaining a broad power curve for a MX, TT, Duner engine.

Making Peak only power; narrow band, "Light Switch" characteristics is much easier to achieve...

Carlos

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I read the message wrong it’s not a 70mm it’s a 67.50 but still a yz piston ,
Yes it is; once you start making HP in the Mid 40's and TrQ in the Low 30's...every HP/TrQ get's much harder to gain. Plus 3HP/3TrQ is a Big Deal, hard earned power while maintaining a broad power curve for a MX, TT, Duner engine.

Making Peak only power; narrow band, "Light Switch" characteristics is much easier to achieve...

Carlos

1 - 10 of 10 Posts