Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

Recently just got my hands on a 38MM PWK from facebook and upon assembly of the carb after cleaning it entirely I noticed the slide was sticking. It doesnt move freely up and down and I would like to know why that is? I have added oil to the slide and still sticks. I have uploaded two video for you guys to see and if I could get some feedback. I appreciate it!

38 PWK Slide sticks

38 PWK Slide Condition

·
Registered
723 Posts
I would use light grit sand paper, 400 or better. Just knock down the high spots. The slide is chromed. If the chrome is coming off I would suggest buying a new slide

·
Registered
4 Posts
Weird that it it closes fine and then doesn't. Is the needle bent? The needle should be slightly loose and move around in the slide, rotate and wiggle a bit, does it? Take the needle out and see if it still binds. If it is still binding without the needle, Sharpie marker the slide and run it up and down a few time to see if you can locate the area causing the sticking.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Weird that it it closes fine and then doesn't. Is the needle bent? The needle should be slightly loose and move around in the slide, rotate and wiggle a bit, does it? Take the needle out and see if it still binds. If it is still binding without the needle, Sharpie marker the slide and run it up and down a few time to see if you can locate the area causing the sticking.
So I did exactly what you said ended getting some 1000 grit sand paper and sanded part of the carb bore out where it was binding. Carb runs smooth now time to put it on! Thanks everyone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts