Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about the sparks whale pipe I think is what it’s called? If so what are they worth and how many were made??

·
Registered
12,794 Posts
Not many made relative to say stamped FMF Pipes. Worth is based on condition & demand, however; from what I have seen in SoCal $250-$350 in good condition. Call Sparks and ask...

Carlos

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have seen sparks TT pipes go for $500. Sparks MX pipes go for $350-$400. The whale I think was made by CT?

·
Registered
12,794 Posts
"Call Sparks and ask"...Curtis makes himself available, and you get the straight scope about Sparks.

Carlos

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Call Sparks and ask"...Curtis makes himself available, and you get the straight scope about Sparks.

Carlos
I think I will. Sparks made a whale pipe I heard it was pretty rare tho. Just don’t know much about it. Heard it was like a concept pipe or soemthing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just talk to Curtis he said it was a cone style pipe or a high rev pipe concept. They hardly made any of them I guess because they were so time consuming. They’re welding about every 2 inches or a little more. I may have one of them but I’m not sure sounds like from what he explained to me that it is. I’ll post a couple pictures.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just talk to Curtis he said it was a cone style pipe or a high rev pipe concept. They hardly made any of them I guess because they were so time consuming. They’re welding about every 2 inches or a little more. I may have one of them but I’m not sure sounds like from what he explained to me that it is. I’ll post a couple pictures.

That's cool. I have only ever seen the Sparks TT(had one) and the MX. I had a ct whale pipe in my hands once also. I really kick myself for not keeping the sparks TT!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's cool. I have only ever seen the Sparks TT(had one) and the MX. I had a ct whale pipe in my hands once also. I really kick myself for not keeping the sparks TT!
Oh for sure I’m just thankful when I was young and dumb I bought a lot of this stuff. Also helped that iam good friends with Gregg Bakker he raced for Curtis back in the 250r days so when I bought his practice quad I got 3 brand new never used or chromed sparks tt pipes that I still have

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is the sparks cone pipe or whatever I think. I sent pictures to Curtis as well

·
Registered
334 Posts
Norm I have a sparks TT pipe haven’t mounted it yet.what type of pipe is it?low-mid or mid-top end?thanks..

·
Registered
12,794 Posts
This is the sparks cone pipe or whatever I think. I sent pictures to Curtis as well
This is a partial coned & stamped pipe. Some Pipe builders made Hybrid assemblies back in the day, this one could very well be one. Curtis would know best...

Carlos

·
Registered
162 Posts
Norm I have a sparks TT pipe haven’t mounted it yet.what type of pipe is it?low-mid or mid-top end?thanks..
I did not confirm with Curtis Sparks, but I believe it is a mid/top pipe with decent bottom end... The closest comparison would be the TRX5 with the TT being the better pipe.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea Carlos. he sent me an email back saying it was one of the early pipes he made. He didn’t make very many of them because they were to time consuming.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts